RIP epicski.

We're irrelevant to the Teton gravity mags except for JLAW and Moe Ghoul

A lot of the TGRs are too school for cool...

They were legit legit, a bunch sent hospital at squaw before the exodus. That's a legit 100 footer....one dude was from Phoenixville surprisingly....now it's alot of wannabes like myself....I only had name recognition in poly ass, it used to be awesome in there but now it's too easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if PASR struggles because of the relative lameness of the PA skiing scene.

There's very little diversity between posters when it comes to the mountains we go to. Most of the PA skiers/riders frequent Blue and are diehard fans. If you aren't, you get beaten with a stick until you leave or comply. Those of us who are long time posters that aren't in PA, have moved to different areas. People don't seem to enjoy other mountains or want to try them. On AZ, there's a lot of respect for other mountains. Also, PA doesn't do anything new and different. It's hard to talk about new lines in the woods or powder dumps from spot to spot. There's hardly any mountain upgrades. It's just a whole different animal.

It's even hard to have an in depth conversation on some New England mountains because it reverts to GSS hating on everything that isn't Stowe or maybe Sugarbush on a good day. Overall, it just seems difficult to connect in mountain by mountain conversation because of so many different views and so few shared mountain experiences or shared love for a mountain.

• Like 3

I wonder if PASR struggles because of the relative lameness of the PA skiing scene.

There's very little diversity between posters when it comes to the mountains we go to. Most of the PA skiers/riders frequent Blue and are diehard fans. If you aren't, you get beaten with a stick until you leave or comply. Those of us who are long time posters that aren't in PA, have moved to different areas. People don't seem to enjoy other mountains or want to try them. On AZ, there's a lot of respect for other mountains. Also, PA doesn't do anything new and different. It's hard to talk about new lines in the woods or powder dumps from spot to spot. There's hardly any mountain upgrades. It's just a whole different animal.

It's even hard to have an in depth conversation on some New England mountains because it reverts to GSS hating on everything that isn't Stowe or maybe Sugarbush on a good day. Overall, it just seems difficult to connect in mountain by mountain conversation because of so many different views and so few shared mountain experiences or shared love for a mountain.

I tried to post on AZ way back when. Literally my JF TRs got about 20 views with 0 replies. I remember when Doug posted there and they laughed at Blue. Granted that was while ago. Maybe it's a different vibe there now. Not sure but if had had to guess I still think the only people in the Internet who care about where I ski 90% of the time are here. Edited by RidgeRacer

I tried to post on AZ way back when. Literally my JF TRs got about 20 views with 0 replies. I remember when Doug posted there and they laughed at Blue. Granted that was while ago. Maybe it's a different vibe there now. Not sure but if had had to guess I still think the only people in the Internet who care about where I ski 90% of the time are here.

I think it would still be similar. There are some guys from the mid-A on there, but the majority are definitely New Englanders. Your posts would get lots of likes from the Catskills north...

I remember skiing with people from epic about 10 years ago who thought PASR was all about park so they stayed away. Wonder if some of those people still think that. We've matured like a fine wine and I guarantee you that any new poster who's cool and doesn't post off the wall shit will be well recieved (take sweetplanks for example).

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 2

But does AZ have shitheads? Probably not and that's what makes PASR great!

AZ is pretty boring and PASR is interesting and remember PASRs history. PASR evolved from camelbacks message board and camelback is mainly philly and Lehigh valley skiers and riders and it's been said and proven time and time again that Blue is the best ski area close to the Lehigh valley and the poconos. PASRs are also very welcoming...many of the PASRs who are regularly at Blue are fairly new to PASR. Sorry RideDE I really don't care about Vermont much anymore...I'm super happy either skiing blue mountain or the Rockies but I enjoy reading your reports and moe ghouls report and non blue reports.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...