Backyard Rail Help

jveix33

I'm gonna design a rail for my backyard, but I need some help here. I like the one in the "Mount Mikovits" video with the PVC on the top. I can't really see from the picture could someone explain more what's on the bottom? Also, is it just PVC pipe or do you need like a wax to make sure it slides? I wanna start building this so I can have the snow coming this weekend.

Thanks,

--John

im going to make a tree jib, and do an urban. then go back to my house to hit my rail :)

I wanna hit the one at school, leading down to the bonfire area. (down right-flat down). :no probably not gonna happen haha. But i do wanna hit street rails.

Can anyone answer my questions?

Make a solid 2x4 framing. Like, frame out a box (literally) with the 2x4s, add diagonals, and then add sturdy legs. Then, when you attach the pvc, drill a pilot hole through both ends of the pipe (all the way through) at like 1/8". Next, take a bigger bit, like 3/8" to drill out the TOP ONLy. Then you can screw in the pvc, so the top will be smooth, . If you frame it out with 2x4s, hell-even 2x6s would be nice, you could use two pieces of pvc side by side. Hope that helps. If you want me to draw something up, i can.

I wanna hit the one at school, leading down to the bonfire area. (down right-flat down). :no probably not gonna happen haha. But i do wanna hit street rails.

Make a solid 2x4 framing. Like, frame out a box (literally) with the 2x4s, add diagonals, and then add sturdy legs. Then, when you attach the pvc, drill a pilot hole through both ends of the pipe (all the way through) at like 1/8". Next, take a bigger bit, like 3/8" to drill out the TOP ONLy. Then you can screw in the pvc, so the top will be smooth, . If you frame it out with 2x4s, hell-even 2x6s would be nice, you could use two pieces of pvc side by side. Hope that helps. If you want me to draw something up, i can.

If you could draw something about the drilling part and the frame. Those are the only parts I don't get. Actually I kind of get the framing that's like making a wall right? I just don't exactly get what your saying to drill.

ahahahaha no shit... we had a fruit booter session on that rail. everyone was making it to the first kinked turn and gettin shot off. good times. the rails in the front are better for skis. the lower parking lot rail has been it up a bunch of times by us. theres a red rail by the dumpsters out by the j/k hall intersection. thats such a fun rail.

the d-f-d's in the upper lots are crazy fun too. im defnitaley tryin to hit up the down rails next year on skis.

o yea...where the down rails are... the gap comin from the mid lot to the bus loading zones...i 180'd that shit on my skate. :rock i got video of it somewhere, but its on a tape, and i dont know how to get tapes onto computers.

yea nice im hitting up Bangor's elemetary school (Five Points its called) nice long mellow handrail in the back.. AKA Big Red.. its so much fun

im lookin to tailslide 270 out.. and get some good footage

everyone keeps tellin me about that rail. but i can never find the school.

everyone keeps tellin me about that rail. but i can never find the school.

alright well its the third school from the left on that road.. theres the Highschool all the way on the left near the light.. then Defranco Elemtary on the right of the HS then theres 5 Points to the right of Defranco.. you know your at the right one when you see a reallly long kinded handrail.. im talking like 14 kinds in it.. and its red.. you have to then drive behind the school and its right down behind the school

alright well its the third school from the left on that road.. theres the Highschool all the way on the left near the light.. then Defranco Elemtary on the right of the HS then theres 5 Points to the right of Defranco.. you know your at the right one when you see a reallly long kinded handrail.. im talking like 14 kinds in it.. and its red.. you have to then drive behind the school and its right down behind the school

well, im not familiar with anything in that area. the closest ive come to bangor high is probably the subway right off of 33, and pennargyl skatepark (i think its closed now, it was a joke anyway)

o haha, i never really looked for it, and when i wanted to look for it, i never knew which way to go, so i didnt go.

Edited by Shadows

If you could draw something about the drilling part and the frame. Those are the only parts I don't get. Actually I kind of get the framing that's like making a wall right? I just don't exactly get what your saying to drill.

Yeah, lemme figure someting out. Damn, i wish i had pagemaker...

ahahahaha no shit... we had a fruit booter session on that rail. everyone was making it to the first kinked turn and gettin shot off. good times. the rails in the front are better for skis. the lower parking lot rail has been it up a bunch of times by us. theres a red rail by the dumpsters out by the j/k hall intersection. thats such a fun rail.

the d-f-d's in the upper lots are crazy fun too. im defnitaley tryin to hit up the down rails next year on skis.

o yea...where the down rails are... the gap comin from the mid lot to the bus loading zones...i 180'd that shit on my skate. :rock i got video of it somewhere, but its on a tape, and i dont know how to get tapes onto computers.

It'd be a bitch to get speed for, but if you made that shit :drool . Oh man, i wanna hit it so bad. The high school has a lot of good rails. I also wanna try that one wall, right after the bando field, down to the parking lot, just jumping that- it'd be fun. You gotta dig up that video. I have no clue how to get it on- maybe some of the editing gurus on here would know.

Yeah, lemme figure someting out. Damn, i wish i had pagemaker...

It'd be a bitch to get speed for, but if you made that shit :drool . Oh man, i wanna hit it so bad. The high school has a lot of good rails. I also wanna try that one wall, right after the bando field, down to the parking lot, just jumping that- it'd be fun. You gotta dig up that video. I have no clue how to get it on- maybe some of the editing gurus on here would know.

im doing lots of stuff at the highschool tomorrow :) I will be sure to injure myself severly

I'm about to go to bed. Lemme try to explain this better. On the bottom side of the pipe, you will have a small hole that the screw will fit into. It won't be big enough for the head to pass through. On the top side you will have a bigger hole, so the head of the screw will be able to pass through, giving you a clean top sliding surface.