Bulid a Box

asored2006

yes sheet metal would slide if u wax it and then put some snow on top of that...but the cheapest material u can get that goes ontop of boxes is probably plexyglass,lexon,and some uhmw might even work..but make sure u wax whatever u get to make it slide nice.

i know alot of people hate PVC but i think it works really well. its cheap, it can bend so you can make cboxes, rainbows, etc... i havent had a problem with it. if you know how to slide a rail you should be fine. and its the fastest stuff that i have ever slid so it really prepares you for those random features that slide abnormally fast.

Hey.. I built a box over the summer/fall last year. We used a sheet of formica for the topsheet. However, the topsheet is not always the top. This box has coping that runs down the side. They are 2 lengths of 1" steel tubing. The topsheet is actually set 3/16" down from the coping. That way if you ride the box 50/50 you will be on the topsheet. We finally got to ride the box with the topsheet this past weekend in the snow. It worked perfect. Formica has a good resistance to scratches and sharp objects.

Hey.. I built a box over the summer/fall last year. We used a sheet of formica for the topsheet. However, the topsheet is not always the top. This box has coping that runs down the side. They are 2 lengths of 1" steel tubing. The topsheet is actually set 3/16" down from the coping. That way if you ride the box 50/50 you will be on the topsheet. We finally got to ride the box with the topsheet this past weekend in the snow. It worked perfect. Formica has a good resistance to scratches and sharp objects.

Thanks.. I can get Formica at a Home Depot?

Its like cabinet top covering. You can probably get cheap scraps at Home Depot. Luckily for me my friends dad is a carpinter and i got it for free.

yeah i know what formica is now... i remember we used it when we built a bar in our house. i remember you could get the scraps at home depot. thanks, i'll let you know how it worked out. it's gonna be really sh*tty w/ like wood chips flying off every time i hit it or good... we'll see.