Sno Mountain

Ski

Just got back from the meeting at Montage...er, make that Sno Mountain, if all goes well. What will change? EVERYTHING! New high speed lift that will run top to bottom, next to the Long Haul. Not right away, but they will be cutting three new 1.5 mile trails to skiers right of Fast Track. 180 new tower guns to put down 1' in 2.5 days on every trail. Snow tubing will be on the left side of the lot, on the opposite side of the lodge. New snow tubing lodge. New main lodge. A TRAM from the lot to the lodge.

Wave pool and state of the art summer water park.

Holy crap!

Everything! And they have the money!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only see two things wrong with the new trail map. My woods runs are gone. Also the new high speed lift should be down by the phoebe, so you could use it from boomer or lightning. But nevertheless, Nick told me that a pipe will be installed, a rope tow for the park. Hopefully with the new lift, the cliff under long haul will be come more accessible. O shit, upper runaway park again, its been to long since we have had it there, hopefully the deal goes through.

Edited by montageskier

BTW, anyone in the area should check out Newswatch 16 at 11pm...they had a camera there for the entire 2 1/2 hr meeting.

Ty and I both spoke...I'll try to recall wtf I said: "Hello, my name is Cole and I'm here representing the paskiandride.com message board and the 900 members who welcome Sno Mountain and wish them good luck on this project. I've volunteered at Bell Mt., Mt. Tom, and Hogback Mt., all of which are now on the pages of NELSAP, which is where Montage was also headed. Every part of Sno Mountains plan is dead on. You have it right."

blah, blah, blah

Then Ty, who was holding her handmade banner, asked to speak: "I love Sno Mountain."

Huge applause.... :lol:

BTW, anyone in the area should check out Newswatch 16 at 11pm...they had a camera there for the entire 2 1/2 hr meeting.

Ty and I both spoke...I'll try to recall wtf I said: "Hello, my name is Cole and I'm here representing the paskiandride.com message board and the 900 members who welcome Sno Mountain and wish them good luck on this project. I've volunteered at Bell Mt., Mt. Tom, and Hogback Mt., all of which are now on the pages of NELSAP, which is where Montage was also headed. Every part of Sno Mountains plan is dead on. You have it right."

blah, blah, blah

Then Ty, who was holding her handmade banner, asked to speak: "I love Sno Mountain."

Huge applause.... :lol:

Any solid info on park related improvemetns?

But it will always be Montage to me, but we could definetly change for that logo.

Your woods runs will just move further over, right? :)

Yes, it will be renamed Sno Mountain.

The new moose logo is to make it more friendly.

The snow tubing park will have an 850' magic carpet.

Hmmmmm.....trying to recall what else....

They will guarantee to have funds to be open for at least 10 years.

They will have student passes and school discounts.

The county has a July 3rd deadline to tell Sno Mountain they will negotiate the deal. Not make a deal, but just tell them to take it to the next step. Sno Mountain is already $1 million into this...that's what they spent so far for studies and architects, etc...they are 100% serious. They'd sign a deal today.

They are building a separate snow tubing lodge. An entire lodge just for the tubing area.

The county has a July 3rd deadline to tell Sno Mountain they will negotiate the deal. Not make a deal, but just tell them to take it to the next step. Sno Mountain is already $1 million into this...that's what they spent so far for studies and architects, etc...they are 100% serious. They'd sign a deal today.

They are building a separate snow tubing lodge. An entire lodge just for the tubing area.

But, us folks on the northface would be able to use it? Also i asked before but didnt get a reply, Any solid news on a park.

Where is Sno mountain going to get the people to support all these extra expenses????

They believe they can spend $18 million dollars and turn a profit, once it's a four season operation. And the county, which was losing a million or so $ a year, will immediately start getting tax revenue from Sno Mountain. It would be insane to reject it.

But, us folks on the northface would be able to use it? Also i asked before but didnt get a reply, Any solid news on a park.

you might have to change your name to "snomountainskier"... or just keep it the same and keep the legend alive.

BC is a bunny hill compared to Montage's current terrain.

are you serious? i thought montage wasnt much bigger? thats news to me.

Montage has double the vert, and over 60 more skiable acres.

and once they get a highspeed lift it will make it so much better.. then all they would have to do is improve the park, right? i dont know what the park scene looks like up there, but i never hear much about it.

even though i have never been there i am so stoked for this to happen. hopefully it does. its always nice to see a mountain stay alive.