can't do a trail report for Blue if they don't let you go out on snow

Robert2

You guys know me by now.

I take a bus.... get a locker for 75 cents... and go ride.

So today being the Blue day...

I take the bus... go look for a locker next to benches...

and I find that every locker I reach to open has a key in it BUT

IS FULL of gym bags , coolers, and lunches.

So my first thought is that some inconsiderate pussworts are using the lockers

without paying and taking the keys.

But every single one of them in a block of 30 lockers?

So I find one that is empty and dress for 20 degree weather....

you know.... like an astronaut .....

and the very last thing I will do before stepping out to the lauch pad....

is drop 3 quarters into the locker and walk off with a key.

BUT

noooooooooooooooooooooooo....

3 quarters went in.... and the key did not come out.

Well now what the phuq.

So I drop in 3 more quarters thinking maybe I did something wrong when trying to jiggle

the key out.

3 more quarters went in and STILL no key comes out.

OK....

about to burst into flames now... because I'm totally dressed for snow...

helmet goggles...everything on....

soooooooo

I strip off some head layers....

then locate another empty locker....

pull out all my stuff and relocate to the other locker....

drop 3 quarters in and

drumroll please......

tadaaaaaa...

NO key comes out.

OK...

so now what?

There's no way I leave my stuff unlocked.

So now I have to find Blue staff to fix whatever is screwing up all these lockers.

So apparently perhaps I was too quick to think that people were using the lockers without taking keys because they were jitbags.

Perhaps they couldn't get the damn key out of the lockers and they were not really such inconsiderate phuqs who actually drove to Blue and have a car they can lock up their stuff in

and where snarfing up the only lockup space available to people who take the bus.

Since I have filled the locker with stuff and don't really want to carry all

this stuff I carefully walk away without ever leaving sight of the locker except for the 5 seconds that I pop into the group sales office window and tell them there is a problem with the lockers and demand they get someone there and quick.

I just walk away and camped out at the locker until staff showed up.

That nice lady from the office is pretty darn sure its operator error

(me being unqualified to operate 3 quarters and a key)

so I slam 3 more quarters in and have her turn the key..which..does not come out.

Thats $6.00 gone now into two lockers.

She then tells me there must be something wrong with THAT locker.

Yea. OK. So what about the first one I lost 3 dollars in?

She says...thats OK... there's plenty of lockers here... and you can see at least 20 orange

keys....

which I reply sure.... and open all the doors to show her that every damned locker

is full and NOBODY walked away with a key.

SOOOOOOOOO

NO... you have problem and I want a locking locker, not a cubby hole so get whoever fixes

these now.

She then tells me the rental shop takes care of the lockers and SHE can't give me my lost money back.

I said I don't care about the $6.00.

I care about the fact that I CAN'T GO OUT TO SKI IF I CAN'T LOCK up my stuff so get

whoever fixes them .. now.

Two guys from rentals show up...one sticks around, the other bolts.

So then here we go again... same routine... I must be incapable of operating a 3 quarter locker.....

3 more quarters....

no more keys...

OH STUNNING!

Mr fixit from rentals never seen this happen before today.

But he does have master keys... pulls open the money box....

refunds my money and says the same thing the nice lady said....

just use another locker.

So I then told him ..

YOU PICK THE LOCKER I SHOULD USE

and then YOU watch me put 3 quarters in and GET A KEY.

He says that would be a waste of 3 quarters.

WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has the master key and can refund any and all of this 3 quarter get me a key test.

So he gets it.

And opens up a locker...which is full... and another .. and another...

so I asked him what is Blue's policy for using lockers without paying for them?

How about we pull a lunch cooler out of a locker that the key DOES work in and put the lunch in cooler in the screwy locker.

No harm in that. eah?

Think about that the next time YOU use a locker without paying.

He says no.... there's got to be an empty locker here

and YES we found one ...dropped 3 quarters in.. got a key... and got back my 3 quarters.

So by now I'm totally drenched in sweat and I have to swap out my first base layer for a dry

one and start all over again.

So as I'm getting redressed for snow this group of people come in..and get their lunch,

and yes...

they turned out to be jitbags with cars that never paid for lockers.

so my next thought was simply that perhaps the right thing to do is

pay $6 into four of their lockers ...take the keys... throw them away....

and when they complained to Blue that their stuff was locked up then

Blue would charge them $10 for each lost key.

But no... I didn't do it ...mostly because this all started with the problem that no keys would

come out of that block of lockers.

I was just amazed that such a simple thing as securing belongings could be

such a waste of time today and almost meant not getting out at all.

I just can't imagine how furious a customer would be if they paid like hundred bucks for

a lift ticket, rentals , a lesson, lunch..etc.... then had to dick around for an hour trying

to figure out how to secure their stuff.. perhaps miss their lesson.

Blue should be on top of stuff as simple as faulting keys in lockers.

Blue should put up signs that say lockers used without paying will be emptied into the LOST AND FOUND. PAY for a key or leave the lockers empty for paying customers...you jitbags.

Edited by Robert2
  • Like 3

Robert - didn't you get a seasonal locker?

The Blue seasonal locker will hold skis or a board..badly...

and is useless other than leaving the board there all week.

Its too narrow to even leave a helmet in it and forget about stuffing in a backpack.

The season lockers are outside the Summit Lodge and I've been meeting my wife at the valley lodge right outside the valley ski school area....

so I snag a locker near benches next to the lady's room.

You would think something this simple could be done without being screwed by the fact that

Blue hasn't figured out how to actually make quarter lockers work for paying customers.

Jack Frost figured out a better way to deal with these issues.

They mounted cubbies on the walls to leave your stuff without paying for a locker and they

made a huge bag drop off area like the ski storage outside where you get a rubber wristband and tag for your stuff and don't have to worry about your stuff being screwed with.

Seems Blue spent a shitload of money "improving" the whole place this year but neglected

making any changes to the real basic problem causing areas like bag storage and lockers that lock.

There's signs everywhere that say don't leave your coolers and bags reserving tables

so now what... stuff them in lockers and don't pay for a key?

And yes I finally got out on the snow on the new www.leehophuqsnowboards.com board and bindings

and got a few totally uncontrollable runs in but had to make adjustments.. binding angles were way off so I spent more time with screw drivers than on the snow yesterday.

l1.png

http://ww5.komen.org/Donate/Donate.html

Edited by Robert2
  • Like 1

stop

hitting

the

enter key

seriously, it's impossible to read your posts. Don't hit the enter key every time you have a pause in thought.

Ahh yes...the impossible enter key issue. Sorry bout that. I'll work on it. sooooo..anyway....I'm not real pissed or anything I'm just chalking it off as more stuff Blue needs to do to be able to get me back there again for teaching. It seems the location is good and the snow has some good days but the stuff you put up with to make it happen is just not my cup of tea. You all spent your life time of skiing at Blue figuring out that you dress in the parking lot and bring your own booze and bug out before the snow sucks or the crowds suck and go eat at B M Diner.I don't have any of your luxuries there. I ride a bus for a half hour that they heat up to 85 degrees so the old people on the bus don't die of frostbite ...so there is no way I can dress for snow before I arrive. I'd be totally drenched in sweat before I got off the bus. I don't ski in wet clothes...I always start out dry. So I have to have a place to leave my stuff.

Ahh yes...the impossible enter key issue. Sorry bout that. I'll work on it. sooooo..anyway....I'm not real pissed or anything I'm just chalking it off as more stuff Blue needs to do to be able to get me back there again for teaching. It seems the location is good and the snow has some good days but the stuff you put up with to make it happen is just not my cup of tea. You all spent your life time of skiing at Blue figuring out that you dress in the parking lot and bring your own booze and bug out before the snow sucks or the crowds suck and go eat at B M Diner.I don't have any of your luxuries there. I ride a bus for a half hour that they heat up to 85 degrees so the old people on the bus don't die of frostbite ...so there is no way I can dress for snow before I arrive. I'd be totally drenched in sweat before I got off the bus. I don't ski in wet clothes..

wow...much better.

when did you get on the snow yesterday? i thought i saw you, but there was no X on their back :blink:

Im guessing he chats on an instant messenger very often.

nope... never used any kind of instant messenger.

I can't read stuff that small on a phone.

I'm just used to pressing enter at the end of a line of computer programming code I guess.

NO WHITE X on the red jacket yesterday.

It was too cold to wear the 13 year old PASR jacket.

Its real beat up and leaks air big time so I wore the new red jacket and said to look for my Chinese board.

I'll say it: I'm one of those people that leave my stuff in the locker without paying for it? Why? Because I don't really care, and that keeps it out of the way of other people. As many other skiers do...the only thing in there is a nearly destroyed boot bag with trashed sneakers. If it disappears, it was worth about a dollar. The reason for it, is to keep my boots from getting worn down from walking across the parking lot. Why on earth would you bring expensive stuff in?

Oh. And make coherent posts, please. That was painful to read.

Edited by millerm277

I don't know why everyone is bitching about the line breaks in R2 posts. I'll take that over massive blocks of text any day. You are forgetting R2 probably has the text a lot larger than the rest of us so it might be the edge of his textbox.

As for the whole locker situation, that is a bitch. The Blue regulars here basically have 0 knowledge of what your typical day skier experiences. We don't drive up and stay for 2 hours worth of runs, so conditions after 10am matter a lot more to us. I do use my car as a locker and boot up there, but I remember doing ski club trips in HS and we couldn't use the bus that way so had to deal with all this BS. I also used to take the NJ transit bus to Mountain Creek before I was old enough to drive. You don't really want to sit on the bus wet on the way home or wearing your gear on the way up. I used to like to bring some food/water to throw in the locker for the ride home too, since you aren't getting the driver to pull in to the BMDI or McDonalds on the way home.

Stowe has the locker situation right - big roomie lockers that are free. You walk up in the morning and set your own PIN on a digital keypad for a locker and you can open and close it as many times as you want during the day.

These frustrations are not small, when it holds you up in the morning and you are missing the good runs before the crowds show up it changes your whole day.

pictures or it didn't happen.

Hahahaha! Sorry Robert.

Anyway, I have a simple solution for next time (and you know there will be a next time... MOVE THE STUFF. Seriously, take the shit out and throw it on the floor. This is exactly what Bob and I do when dealing with ski gear left on lodge tables while people are on the slopes and pool chairs saved with towels by people who won't be at the pool until long after we leave. Our philosophy is that if you have no problem being inconsiderate to others then you can't possibly have issue when people are inconsiderate to you in return.

• Like 4

oh, and you can fit more than a pair of skis and a snowboard in one of those seasonal lockers.

Sure..if its 4 inches and flat.

My backpack filled with street clothes doesn't fit in the ski locker.

Its that simple.

This isn't about fanny packs or bringing worthless old sneakers to leave unattended.

This isn't about how a 12 year old kid works with a system that sucks.

This is about a ski resort doing the right thing to take care of this situation that every ski resort deals with... or lose customers.

I will definitely NOT buy a season pass for Blue next year.

• Like 1

3 quarters went in.... and the key did not come out.

Well now what the phuq.

then locate another empty locker....

pull out all my stuff and relocate to the other locker....

drop 3 quarters in and

drumroll please......

tadaaaaaa...

NO key comes out.

Deja vu, same happened to me last Saturday.

• Like 1

Hahahaha! Sorry Robert.

Anyway, I have a simple solution for next time (and you know there will be a next time... MOVE THE STUFF. Seriously, take the shit out and throw it on the floor. This is exactly what Bob and I do when dealing with ski gear left on lodge tables while people are on the slopes and pool chairs saved with towels by people who won't be at the pool until long after we leave. Our philosophy is that if you have no problem being inconsiderate to others then you can't possibly have issue when people are inconsiderate to you in return.

Yea.... but that might not be a real great idea because ....

first I'd be pulling somebody's stuff out of a locker...throwing it on the floor...

put my stuff in the locker,.. and lose 3 quarters and get no key..

THEN

what... do that 10 times until I found a locker that the key actually came out ?

I'd probably get stabbed if I was seen ransacking 10 lockers... before finding one that a key worked in.

No.

the solution here is BLUE fix the bag and lunch cooler storage problem with bag checks and cubbies like Jack Frost has.....

then no more inconsiderate jitbags will use pay lockers for free storage.