can't do a trail report for Blue if they don't let you go out on snow

Robert2

Yea.... but that might not be a real great idea because ....

first I'd be pulling somebody's stuff out of a locker...throwing it on the floor...

put my stuff in the locker,.. and lose 3 quarters and get no key..

THEN

what... do that 10 times until I found a locker that the key actually came out ?

I'd probably get stabbed if I was seen ransacking 10 lockers... before finding one that a key worked in.

No.

the solution here is BLUE fix the bag and lunch cooler storage problem with bag checks and cubbies like Jack Frost has.....

then no more inconsiderate jitbags will use pay lockers for free storage.

there are cubbies all along the wall upstairs and a larger unit by the tv and the bar.

Robert what is a jitbag???? Can you at least tell us how the riding was that day and what runs you went down???

jitbag:

literally a bag of semen, could literally mean a used condom. In actual usage, it refers to someone who acts like an extreme asshole. "I can't believe that jitbag grabbed my girlfriend's hooters".

r2d2 is more gangstar than you think.

R2D2..when are you gonna meet some PASRs??? I still question your existence...

Likely not gonna meet at Blue.

Friday was looking like a great day to get out there with the new leehophuq board, make the binding adjustments on the ski school short hill then head out to the real hills and snag a few long runs before my wife arrived for her lesson.

Because of the locker total fuck up I got robbed of the end time...the free ride time and only got to do the binding adjustment play time on the short ski school hill.

Then my wife decided it was too cold for her to play so the day was a total ripoff for me.

I could have gone to Jack Frost... worked on the new board... without any of the locker snaffoo stealing my time away.

You can find me at Jack Frost any week day except Monday and I'll be riding after noon.

I'm done dicking with Blue on Fridays.

uh... i'm going to go out on a limb and probably jinx myself here but dumb question - did you shut the door before you tried to pull the key out? the bigger lockers also are more than 75 cents too... i've been getting lockers at least once a week for race/clinic/week night sessions over the last few years and haven't had a problem - last week i even foun $.75 in the locker :wiggle ah shit i shoulda deleted this post im phuqued now... :tinfoil:

• Like 1

So wait, you bought a season pass to Blue this year, used it like 3 times, and aren't coming back? What the hell?

I bought a season pass and a season locker thinking BLUE THE TRUE would be perfect for meeting up with my northbound students on Friday.

That means if I go EVERY Friday night all winter I'd be even on the cost of the pass and locker.

I even made arrangements for the Friday bus to be a permanent schedule.

But that changes tomorrow. I'll do Jack Frost and forget about BLUE THE TRUE.

If I go to Blue it will be on a spur of the moment trip not a weekly event.

Its just not worth my effort if I have to play games with lockers like that again.

Funny thing happened to me today.

I met a former employee of Blue Mountain who used to work in rentals and was THE GUY that

was responsible for those lockers working.

He told me they were screwed TWO years ago and the new owner refused to invest in new locks so

guess what.... nothing new about this issue....

but there's a new stunt jump new bag and a new out door grill...etc....

You can have your Blue the true.

I'll take Jack Frost where the snow is always as pure as cocaine.

• Like 1

I think R2 has a legit concern. Different things are important to different people. The ones hating are super local who do real short sessions. Life is a lot different when you are going for more than 2 hours at a time. Doug, Jeff, Toast, you represent one small segment of their market - the hardcore locals. The mountain is made up of a lot more people like R2. Sure at first chair people are booting up at their cars, but three hours later it is a very different story. And why do we go early? Because most people fall into that other group that shows up at 10, boots up in the lodge, buys day tickets, eats at the hill, might rent at the hill and might take lessons. It is a whole different world. If you are a season pass holder it makes a lot of sense to boot up at your car, ski for a few hours, and grab food on the way home. That doesn't work for most people.

I think R2 has a legit concern. Different things are important to different people. The ones hating are super local who do real short sessions. Life is a lot different when you are going for more than 2 hours at a time. Doug, Jeff, Toast, you represent one small segment of their market - the hardcore locals. The mountain is made up of a lot more people like R2. Sure at first chair people are booting up at their cars, but three hours later it is a very different story. And why do we go early? Because most people fall into that other group that shows up at 10, boots up in the lodge, buys day tickets, eats at the hill, might rent at the hill and might take lessons. It is a whole different world. If you are a season pass holder it makes a lot of sense to boot up at your car, ski for a few hours, and grab food on the way home. That doesn't work for most people.

R2's situtation is different, but yours is not. I've never used a locker. Whether I'm at Blue, CB, JFBB, Mount Snow, or Killington, I boot up at the car. :confused

there are cubbies all along the wall upstairs and a larger unit by the tv and the bar.

What about in the valley lodge?

Thats where I have to be for the teaching hill.

Any way you slice it there is no Blue policy for snarfing up locker space without paying for keys.

And to have a wall full of large lockers...75 cent lockers...where half of them

don't have working key locks...is just plain screwed up.

I wouldn't really care if a locker or two were jammed but for the people working there to tell me

they don't fix them ... they just give back your money.... if you ask for it...forget that crap.

No locking lockers at Blue. No more going to Blue for me or my wife.

I was really thinking I was going to have some fun with you guys.

I brought the Chinese board and left it in the board rack facing the lodge in plain sight

for you guys to find me when I was getting ready to go out and you easily would have spotted it

on the hill...even from the lift.

R2's situtation is different, but yours is not. I've never used a locker. Whether I'm at Blue, CB, JFBB, Mount Snow, or Killington, I boot up at the car. :confused

When I drive I boot up at the car. Even when I don't drive I usually boot up at home, I took the bus for a while too. But its different when you have a bunch of little kids. It's different when you don't own your gear and are renting at the mountain. It's different when you show up late and the car is really far away. It's different when your boots aren't comfortable but are shitty rentals. It's different when your jacket isn't good and you need a bunch of layers. It's different when you spend your whole time rolling in the snow on the bunny hill and need dry clothes throughout the day. It's different when you don't know what to wear because you don't have the experience to pick out the right clothes. And it's very different when you plan to spend a whole day there instead of a morning.

It is quite clear that a lot of you guys are completely oblivious to what the vast majority of people are like that ski. At lunch you can barely get a table, at some point in the day you can't get a locker. Why dont all these people boot up in the car and eat at the local restaurants? I think the people who boot up at the car and eat elsewhere are the odd ones out.

• Like 2

Wow I am a hardcore local cause I boot up in my car...show up on time....and don't waste my $$$$ on shitty overpriced food....It's called being savvy...I get in 15 good runs before the goobs arrive. But the goobs are cool cause they give us hardcore locals people to laugh at. But hardcore and Blue in the same sentence...lol...well there is a cornice up on skytop....I'd hit it!!!!!

You are not savvy. You ski a lot. For example if you went sailing you would look like a total fucking noob. You wouldn't know the equivalent of booting up at the car, you wouldn't know what time of day to show up (hint, not the morning), you wouldn't know where to keep your stuff or how to do the sport. You'd be the total gaper that the locals laughed at. The only difference between you and the gapers is that you ski a lot and they don't. For a lot of people skiing is low on their list of activities and they only do it a few times a year. It is the top of your list so you know the details of how to do well.

It's not like you are smart and they are too dumb to figure this out. You know most of them see people booting up at the car and say, what a bunch of dumbasses getting dressed in the cold, I'll go inside where it is warm and pay the 75 cents to store my shoes. When you are paying a hundred bucks a day easily why not? For you skiing doesn't have a marginal cost, for them each day is hundreds of dollars so whats another 75 cents for a locker and 30 bucks for food?

Mountains make just as much off those people as they do from locals. Probably more. By the time you buy day tickets and rentals and lessons and food in the lodge, you can get up to the price of a season pass pretty quick. And there are a lot more of them than there are locals. So when someone starts complaining about things that bother the day trippers, thats legitimate criticism.

Wow I am a hardcore local cause I boot up in my car...show up on time....and don't waste my $$$$ on shitty overpriced food....It's called being savvy...I get in 15 good runs before the goobs arrive. But the goobs are cool cause they give us hardcore locals people to laugh at. But hardcore and Blue in the same sentence...lol...well there is a cornice up on skytop....I'd hit it!!!!!

i 180d that cornice, better step up your game!

• Like 1

The only difference between you and the gapers is that you ski a lot and they don't. For a lot of people skiing is low on their list of activities and they only do it a few times a year. It is the top of your list so you know the details of how to do well.

I hate to disagree since you made a well spoken argument but we don't ski that often and still managed to learn the ins and outs of arriving, parking, booting up, etc. Honestly this is all moot though since Robert comes on public transportation. I guess he could ala Doug wear full gear on the bus. I don't see that happening. I am beginning to hate this thread now that I think about it.

Kevin,While I completely agree with you, I also know you are wasting your time trying to get a legitimate point across when it comes to some people on this board.

Awwwww. That's not true. OK... that's not always true.

I was there Sunday. My first trip to Blue. I really enjoyed it. I boot up at the car also, but after reading R2's rant I decided to test the lockers for shits and giggles. First one was empty. It took my .75 and gave me a key back. Maybe R2 just has bad luck.

I threw the key in the woods to make sure nobody else can use that functioning locker. Sorry R2.

• Like 3

Robert2 please give Blue a fair shot..you lost at locker roulette...Blue should give you a refund and apology.

This isn't about locker roulette.

Its about how Blue has no real policy or solution to the basic problems that need to be addressed in a professional customer service fashion. Not here's your lost 3 quarters...go find another locker.

They have two huge problems here to fix.

The first one is the number of people using pay lockers who should have some place else to stow their stuff on site and out of the way.

The second problem is the fact that their own employees telling me that the lockers have been broken for years and management refuses to replace the broken locker mechanisms.

As far as giving Blue a fair shot goes....

Blue got the fair shot and screwed the pooch 4 out of 6 times.

So.... no.... I'll stick to Jack Frost where the snow is pure as cocaine.

You can have your sharp dirty volcanic ash ungroomed at the end of the season slopes while

I ride daily at Jack frost on the good stuff until April.

If I can not get a locking locker in the valley lodge I can't teach at Blue so until they fix the valley locker problems my students will have to go some place else.

I never had a prob with Blue's lockers, but only used 1 this season so far at the upper lodge. Sounds like douchebags are jamming them up so they don't have to pay to use them. that's hard to manage unless you put a few people on locker patrol.

That's an interesting idea. ...jamming them up to they don't have to pay?

How's that done?

I would think if they were doing something like that then the coin slots wouldn't still be functioning.... and they do function just fine....drop 3 quarters in ...and you hear them clank down to the money pot... but the key doesn't turn all the way out and then the locker is still unlocked.

savem.jpg

http://ww5.komen.org/Donate/Donate.html