Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Go ahead, lets hear it... Its only November 16th and the real winter season hasn't started yet... Well I don't want to fucking hear it anymore... This up and down weather is cramping my style... If it would even stick to the long term averages then we would be skiing and riding at several mountains by now... Its cold a couple days, then warm a week... I am obviously going through some serious snowboarding withdraw right now... There is hope in the ten day forecast... If it holds then maybe some PA mountains will be open the first weekend in December... Maybe... Why does Northeast weather suck so bad right now!!!

Rant Done... Think Cold... Pray Snow...

Go ahead, lets hear it... Its only November 16th and the real winter season hasn't started yet... Well I don't want to fucking hear it anymore... This up and down weather is cramping my style... If it would even stick to the long term averages then we would be skiing and riding at several mountains by now... Its cold a couple days, then warm a week... I am obviously going through some serious snowboarding withdraw right now... There is hope in the ten day forecast... If it holds then maybe some PA mountains will be open the first weekend in December... Maybe... Why does Northeast weather suck so bad right now!!!

Rant Done... Think Cold... Pray Snow...

Quit your bitching. You had your chance to go to Killington, but you had too much "on your plate". Get over it. Turn the page. We've just been lucky to be skiing at JFBB before Thanksgiving the last 3 years. It's not normal.

Don't mean to be a dick but you've had chances to ski...it's not the weather's fault...it's yours.

yeah, I know... 17 hours driving for 6 trails, 1 lift, and 15 minute lift lines plus the money just wasn't worth it... I mean, I'm definitely jonesing pretty hard, but I've got to be rational about the trade off... That would have fueled the fire more than wallowing in my misery... 3 more weeks and we will be ok... I'll start Xing off the days on my calendar...

And my plate is getting clearer every day... I could go hunting to pass the time and fill the plate back up... But I don't think thats a substitute...

Maybe I need a less flexible job with less free time... Then I won't have any time to think about this... Much less bitch and moan about it... And edit my post twice... In 5 minutes...

I'm sure I spend more than my groceries too... However, my travel expenses even for small mountains are way more expensive than most people's... I have a significant lodging and gas bill by the time I'm done lol... I usually don't care what I spend, but I'm hoping to get out more this year than in previous years, so I need to save the money or I'll run out by the time the real season kicks in... Damn, that actually sounds rational and logical...

I'm sure I spend more than my groceries too... However, my travel expenses even for small mountains are way more expensive than most people's... I have a significant lodging and gas bill by the time I'm done lol... I usually don't care what I spend, but I'm hoping to get out more this year than in previous years, so I need to save the money or I'll run out by the time the real season kicks in... Damn, that actually sounds rational and logical...

Do you have a car ? Do you have a sleeping bag ?

Then I have a easy way for you to save 1/3 of your budget. Unless your driving a smart car there is plenty of room and it can be pretty comfortable. The best part is you're always right at the hill. I car camped for years and it was a great way to spread money out, now I don't got to VT every weekend and have some more money.

Do you have a car ? Do you have a sleeping bag ?

Then I have a easy way for you to save 1/3 of your budget. Unless your driving a smart car there is plenty of room and it can be pretty comfortable. The best part is you're always right at the hill. I car camped for years and it was a great way to spread money out, now I don't got to VT every weekend and have some more money.

I have respect for anyone who actually sleeps in their car. That is hardcore.

For me, however, life is too short to spend it sleeping in a car. And, my side bolsters are too pronounced to allow for any movement while sleeping :banghead

I have respect for anyone who actually sleeps in their car. That is hardcore.

For me, however, life is too short to spend it sleeping in a car. And, my side bolsters are too pronounced to allow for any movement while sleeping :banghead

Back seat... I have slept in my back seat a few times while being to drunk to drive, it's not that bad.

I have been strongly considering making a plywood cutout for the back of my jeep to make a bed if I want to go solo... I should holla at some people to get some ideas on which places are most receptive to people camping out... I'm sure that a bunch of them don't like people doing it lol

I have been strongly considering making a plywood cutout for the back of my jeep to make a bed if I want to go solo... I should holla at some people to get some ideas on which places are most receptive to people camping out... I'm sure that a bunch of them don't like people doing it lol

I've never had a problem, if your smart no one will even know you are there.