Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

there are an infinite number of ways one can live a life...

That's what makes life fun. It's big big world out there. People make their own choices and that's what sets us all apart. There is an old and young audience on here and I like to hear the stories from all. Everybody keep doing what your doing and continue to tell your own story/TR because there are plenty of people on here who enjoy listening. :)

you know, you REALLY need to get whatever elitist bullshit properly educated mommy/daddy paying piece of shit out of your ass and stop trying to put people down just because of the choices they make in life. there are an infinite number of ways one can live a life...

And you know what...there are infinite days left on your ban, Dan Sobey :nana Use your Shadows username, please.

you know, you REALLY need to get whatever elitist bullshit properly educated mommy/daddy paying piece of shit out of your ass and stop trying to put people down just because of the choices they make in life. there are an infinite number of ways one can live a life...

Completely agree.

Just remember kids, if your life isn't as luxurious as Jeff's your doing it all wrong.

why do people care so much about who goes to college and who doesn't? or what kind of job they have and how much they make? its ridiculous. if someone doesnt want to go to college and wants a 30k dollar a year job then let them do that. it is in no way affecting you or your choices. maybe their happy being a garbage man or working in a grocery store or whatever they do. life isnt all about money. people cant get that through their heads.

• Like 2

Nobody wants to be a garbageman. I've never heard a kid say when I grow up I want to be a garbageman. I'll laugh my ass off if someone gets their car towed while sleeping in it. Towing will probably be more than a cheap hotel room. I think I'm gonna be like those hippies who live in hammocks in trees. What's the worst that can happen...you get facefucked by a racoon with rabbies living the dream.

How many kids say when i grow up i want to sell tombstones? in todays economy people dont care what the hell they have to do for a job as long as they make some type of income every week and can attempt to feed their family. as a matter of fact theres a guy who works in the deli at the acme i work at who used to work for a big insurance company who got laid off and now works in a deli just because it brings money to the table until he can find a better job. this thread has gone way off track because people care so much about what other people do. if they dont want to spend the money for a hotel room so be it. it could mean that they get that extra day or two of riding because they werent paying to sleep in a nice hotel room with a maid service and the whole 9 yards. You and jeff need to step down from your high chairs.

• Like 3

Nobody wants to be a garbageman. I've never heard a kid say when I grow up I want to be a garbageman. I'll laugh my ass off if someone gets their car towed while sleeping in it. Towing will probably be more than a cheap hotel room. I think I'm gonna be like those hippies who live in hammocks in trees. What's the worst that can happen...you get facefucked by a racoon with rabbies living the dream.

Lots of people want to be garbage men, the guy who picks your trash up doesn't make a whole lot but running a landfill is sweet fucking gig and the owners make butt tons of money.

The whole argument is bullshit though, I mean I'm pretty sure nobody ever said when I grow up I want to sell tombstones or be a tax attorney. The world doesn't quite work like your 6 grade guidance counselor said it did.

Fuck you Mrs. Greenwall I'm supposed to be a race car driver!!!!!!

Car camping seems pretty epic if you have a a good buddy to do it with. It's not always about saving money too, maybe just redistributing the spending. If I can crash on someone's couch when I go on a trip it just means I've got 150 bucks to have fun with instead of sleeping on.

I'm not bent outta shape or denfending it. I just really enjoy doing it occasionally to mix things up. It offers a different perspective, I'm comfortable spending time by myself without TV's, computer terminals, etc. The little bit of electronics I bring allows me to check anything of importance to me. And car camping, depending on the vehicle isn't that "core". If yer car camping in a Smart car, maybe that would qualify. Some rigs are basically houses on wheels and then you've got the whole RV thing which isn't even car camping anymore. If anything, camping out makes me appreciate the cushy alternatives that much more. And saving a few bucks is always a good thing no matter how big/small yer stash is.

Addit: I can't wait until we can actually discuss weather in a weather thread.

Edited by moeghoul

the job survey thing in high school told me i was supposed to be a park ranger or lumberjack or something ridiculous. i wanted to make video games. now i do web development, which i generally enjoy. i'm not making as much as some other people on this site, but i'm also making a lot more than some others, and i generally lead a pretty comfortable life.

this weather seems pretty much perfect for a drive up to killy for some 'spring' skiing and car camping without having to worry about freezing overnight. not sure if it's worth it enough to call off work though.

Pros to hotel rooms.

Security: you aren't as exposed as in a car....you can blaze without the threat of cops.

Comfort: bed...bathroom...hangers...fridge

Entertainment: TV often pool jacuzzi game room bar

Often free breakfast...it's warm...if u meet a girl you can hookup although single girls are a rare thing in a skitown

I used to stay in real crap motels on ski trips until about two years ago when I was grossed out by one of the $40 a night fleabag motels.

Security? My car has an active alarm system. Blazing in an empty car parking lot at midnite is prolly safer than smelling up a hotel room.

Comfort? 6" memory foam and a sub zero down bag...and a coupla pillows, plenty of room to stretch out.

Entertainment? Iphone, car stereo, nano, portable speakers, I've been known to use resort pools and jacuzzis (Hunter last year), and the game room/bar is open to the public.

Free b-fast? it ain't really free, it just feels that way when you rent the room. When's the last time you hooked up with a gal, single or otherwise, on a ski trip? I guess car campers have to settle for hippie chicks or whacky cougars. :lol:

Gotta aagree on seriously crap motels, the dif between their price and something a little nicer is worth the cost. But even the nicest places can get hit with bedbugs, that's a function of guests, not housekeeping. we always carry foggers in the car, just in case.

my biggest fear for car camping would be a cop coming up to you while you're in the car, you'll get searched for sure

If yer parked in the remote back lot of a resort, the odds of a cop coming thru is almost zero. Especially in a more remote resort where there's only a few cops/sheriff for the area. I can't recall ever seeing a cop at a resort unless he was skiing. I think they generate more revenue pulling over DUI's and out of town speeders. And if they come knocking, I have 2 choices, keep quiet (I'm fully concealed, and maybe he goes away) or in a pinch eat the little bit of stash I might have and then open the door. And I always have a can of Febreze in the car, one downside of car camping can be stanky gear.

Are you allowed to sit in your car and drink beers if you are not driving..emptys count as open containers?

I guess that largely depends on where you're parked and state/local laws. My understanding is that if you are on private property (resort lot) yer OK. By the time I'm in the back of my car, I'm done drinking for the nite at the bar, maybe a little swig from the flask before lites out. I would have to admit that drinking alone in a car is less appealing than if you were in a hotel room.