July skiing in Tahoe

Timeless

So we finally closed out our Tahoe season this weekend with a great day at Alpine Meadows on Saturday. They were open all weekend but with the traffic and other commitments we figured saturday would be the best compromise for us.

Arrived at Alpine at 7.30AM, not too many people there before us but everybody in the parking lot booting up in shorts and t-shirts was certainly something you dont see every day.

The view from the lift to the top was beautiful first thing in the morning with the mist still over the lake.

post-109-0-95216800-1309891996_thumb.jpg

There was plently of snow left and a good amount of terrain open and accessible from two lifts.

post-109-0-68633900-1309891992_thumb.jpg

Although it was generally looking quite "old", but hey it's July

post-109-0-08078800-1309891999_thumb.jpg

We took quite a few runs down through both the wolverine and alpine bowls until it got too hot

post-109-0-52818100-1309891993_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-07202100-1309891998_thumb.jpg

Then we ditched the outerwear and rode in shorts until a little after lunchtime when we stopped for the day as they were going to close the lifts at 2pm anyway.

post-109-0-71354500-1309891995_thumb.jpg

All up this was a really nice way to wrap up the year, they had a pretty decent band playing on the deck, good food and a really nice atmosphere.

nice Timeless, looks like your kids had a great day.

Yeah, they seem to be able to to suck it up and look like they are enjoying themselves.... B)

nice! the snow actually doesn't look all that terrible.

it actually wasn't bad at all, especially early in the day

that will make Timeless want to move back east...he put in his time at Camelback..

I will always look back with good memories of riding at Camelback, Blue, JF etc aswell as many trips to Vermont, but from a pure snowboarding perspective, nothing would make me want to move back east. I have ridden more fresh snow in 2 seasons here than I could have even imagined back east, and have witnessed some truly spectacular snowfall (way more then needed for decent skiing), there is simply nothing to compare to the storms we see passing through here.

Anyone who thinks they should move, should move. If you are not happy over there then do something about it.