2011-2012 P.A.S.R. Utah Invasion thread....

phillycore

Going to be a SICK time Fo Shizzle.... I'm finally getting stoked for ski season now....

I'd like to hit Alta, Snowbird, Snowbasin, and Powder Mountain myself... Brighton, Solitude, and the Canyons are definitely options as well though.

I'm just basin it on mountain stats and what I've read/heard. Weather definitely plays a factor.

Those shots from Snowbasin make me want to hit that shit... Looks like a lot more open bowl type skiing whereas JFskiDan and I spent almost 90% of our time in Da Woodz on last years trip.

I'm an equal opportunity skier myself.....

Fresh and Deep going to make ya creep, Big and Wide gotta get up inside, skinny and tight is surely alright, and every once in a while you just need to da-dip into the back country for that stash.

I pretty much stole this from TGR...

1. Wake up early. Check the snow reports.

2. Go to Canyon Sports

3. Check their snow report

4. Compare results: ask questions if you're confused

5. Buy a pass for the mountain with the highest snowfall

6. Drive there

7. Show pass to liftie

8. Ski till close

9. Go out to bars get buzzed and target hot ski bunnies to take home and make bad decisions together. Preferably including ana

10. Wake up and repeat.

11. Go home and resume normal daily life

12. Plan next ski trip

13. Masterbate as needed. But switch hands often to prevent deformities!

Edited by phillycore

I pretty much stole this from TGR...

1. Wake up early. Check the snow reports.

2. Go to Canyon Sports

3. Check their snow report

4. Compare results: ask questions if you're confused

5. Buy a pass for the mountain with the highest snowfall

6. Drive there

7. Show pass to liftie

8. Ski till close

9. Go out to bars get buzzed and target hot ski bunnies to take home and make bad decisions together. Preferably including ana

10. Wake up and repeat.

11. Go home and resume normal daily life

12. Plan next ski trip

13. Masterbate as needed. But switch hands often to prevent deformities!

Did we talk this morning? 1-6 sound really famliar.

• Like 1

Personally I'd skip snowbird unless you really want to ski it. While they do get a lot of snow, and the terrain is good, it gets tracked out quick as fuck.

I don't snowboard, so take this for whatever it's worth, but it seems like the place rides a lot better on skis than a snowboard. We were finding soon good stuff last winter but it took some traversing to get to.

I don't snowboard, so take this for whatever it's worth, but it seems like the place rides a lot better on skis than a snowboard. We were finding soon good stuff last winter but it took some traversing to get to.

i agree. traversing made a huge difference. but in regards to what Dan said, i woulnd't skip out on the place. if you are there, then check it out. its amazing.

Traversing is really not an issue. I've done plenty of it to get to stuff. I just think there are other options that are less crowded still have good snow, and don't have a 30 minute tram line on a pow day. To each his own.

• Like 1

6454714973_c3a98c90fb.jpg

Waiting for them to open up LCC after a big storm. Anticipation is through the roof.

6306516171_27b343ab16.jpg

And a random picture i took while in Australia since no one else wants to post up picture. This is the Australian grand canyon, located about 2 hours from Sydney.

6454769229_391d0e356e_z.jpg

And another not from utah but I'm bored and don't feel like writing this paper I need to get done. Bonus points to who can guess the peak. The sign shouldn't make the location to hard.

6454775717_d64409dc93_b.jpg

And picture of said line after it was pillaged. Thank you parachute.

Edited by Dan-
  • Like 2