jacobsburg xc tr 1.22.12

mbike-ski

great conditons at jacobsburg yesterday. far exceeded my expectations - brought both bike and skis just in case, with 6-7" light snow the skis were the way to go. some good tracks down and soft enought to trail blaze and even try a few turns and water bar hops. 2-1/2 hrs maybe 8 or miles...

DSCN9971.jpg

DSCN9965.jpg

DSCN9973.jpg

anybody wann make some soup?

DSCN9972.jpg

snow's prolly all gone now, fun while it lasted

DSCN9964.jpg

Nice! A mode of transport that makes J-Burg not boring!

haha not boring for sure, don't know if you know where the second pic is from but just after i snapped that i ate shit big time navigatingthe left turn drop down/ hard right across the little foot bridge! i never thought of jacobsburg as rocky in any way til i skiid it with minimal cover

Bad ass, turns with click clacks on even a moderate down hill section are terrifying which is why the sport rocks.

terrifying in a shit eating grin kinda way for sure with no edges and very little boot support - think high top sneakers or hiking boots. wanna bump it up to a decent xc/bc boot, 3 pins and a little fatter metal edged ski

Edited by mbike-ski