Scranton newspaper says 'Sno Mountain set for sheriff's sale in July'

Old Geezer

Lol..yeah...the good old Scranton Times....my friends...(Sarcastic) That again is some misimformation as all of that has been cleared up..one of those things that they really won't tell people until the day of this so called sale. Regardless, if anything it will help to get the mountain management to move a little quicker on finalizing all the financial loose ends that have been hanging on us....but...that will be taken care of.

You've trusted my word before when the shit hit the fan, or was supposed too, Trust it again.

By the way...we have some new trail work going on, and of course other stuff....have been moving snowgun towers to weak points around the mountain to improve our snowmaking. We've been grading trails and we also put in a new crossover at the top of the mtn to allow easier access to fast track and runaway, eliminating the small incline that skiers used to have to deal with. I'll have pics of this this weekend.

Also......and I'll know more after the weekend........ummm.....never mind, but I think some will like the change. I'll let it go at that.

So, let's see... in the past we had no money, Long Haul will never run again, Snowmaking sux, Lights don't work, ect, ect...ect. I guess this is once again some more "Sno is Doomed" stuff from my favorite fish wrapper...starting earlier than last year.

If KC speaks the truth, it won't go up for sale at the Sheriff's sale... At the end of the day, KC is a loyal sno employee, and he supports them, and for that I give him mad props... He also speaks the truth in that they have gotten some key work done despite getting lambasted about having no money... However, and I don't mean this as an absolute negative, but it doesn't sound like the finance issues have been resolved since these issues keep popping up... It sounds more like they keep getting band aided... I really do hope they get "resolved" on a long term basis, just so we don't have to keep hearing about it year after year, especially if they aren't really a problem...

If KC speaks the truth, it won't go up for sale at the Sheriff's sale... At the end of the day, KC is a loyal sno employee, and he supports them, and for that I give him mad props... He also speaks the truth in that they have gotten some key work done despite getting lambasted about having no money... However, and I don't mean this as an absolute negative, but it doesn't sound like the finance issues have been resolved since these issues keep popping up... It sounds more like they keep getting band aided... I really do hope they get "resolved" on a long term basis, just so we don't have to keep hearing about it year after year, especially if they aren't really a problem...

Thank you...yes, I'm loyal..but I'm also loyal to the customers, you as well. This issue has been resolved, again it's one of those things that keep popping up. Actually it's a non story to be honest, but the rag I guess had a slow news day...I dunno, but...once again I'm sure I'll be saying "I told you so".

Here are some pics I shot TODAY, like an hour ago as I was up there for a very important meeting of some of the work going on, so..yeah, we'll be open, count on it

F2-360.jpg

new Snow Gun placed between Spur & Whistler..always a "dry" area...not anymore.

F2-361.jpg

Restricted access barriers to the terrain park...yes, I don't know for sure but it looks like we're gonna contraol that a little better this year as far as access..don't quite know yet but we're ready if we do. Same thing to the left but I'll save all of you from a boring pic.

F2-363.jpg

New trail going under Long Haul at the top to eliminate that slight upgrade that was a pain for some people to get up from the Iron Horse lift.

F2-364.jpg

Same trail, other side of Long haul desending and curving "skiers left" toward whistler below the second headwall.

So..yeah....and, btw..the water park is exceeding all expectations as far as ticket sales, so guys, c'mon...give us the benefit here. This is old stuff that keeps getting kicked back into the fire. We're good..and...we're fine. Just remember last years weather..and we survived that.

Are employees checks still bouncing?

You sound like a broken record already...Change the song. Like I stated, my checks never bounced, not EVER..and the only ones that might have had issues were more employee related problems, like not having ID when they went to cash them at Wal-Mart..or something stupid like that. Do you honestly believe many of our long term year round employees would stay under those conditions? I think not.

• Like 1

Sno has bounced my checks that I have taken to my bank to cash. How is Sno bouncing a check the employees fault? Either the check clears or it does not. If they needed ID to cash it and didn't have it they would just tell they they can't cash it for them reasons not bounce the check.

This is the statekent in the scranton times article:

National Penn Bank of Boyertown claims it is owed $6,654,473.03 in principal on a $7.5 million mortgage signed, according to Lackawanna County records, in April 2009 and renegotiated in November 2010.

Efforts to reach lawyers for the bank to confirm that a refinancing is imminent were unsuccessful.

Either someone cames up with a cool $6.65 million by the time of the sale, or it goes up for sale.

I'd love to give you the benefit of the doubt KCSKI, but this has been an ongoing issue for a long time. Where there's smoke, there's fire. You don't really think that everyone will believe the online PR guy when he says everything is great do you?

I'm hoping Peaks, Powder Corporation or the people who own Blue mountain buy Sno mountain. Tear down the waterpark and put in fast lifts!!!

I thought you were rich. Why don't you buy it? Doug Mountain?

Sno has bounced my checks that I have taken to my bank to cash. How is Sno bouncing a check the employees fault? Either the check clears or it does not. If they needed ID to cash it and didn't have it they would just tell they they can't cash it for them reasons not bounce the check.

Well..strange that this has happened to people that only post on here..as I've never had it happen to me..and other than some people forgetting to clock/in (happens more than you would believe)...that is the only issue that I have ever seen. I've been there now 9 seasons..lots of checks...never once had an issue, and my bank is a bitch to cash a check at even if they know you.

Logs scare noobs and dudes wearing cowboy hats.

I'll just walk around it!

This is the statekent in the scranton times article:

Either someone cames up with a cool $6.65 million by the time of the sale, or it goes up for sale.

Wait for the sale date...go to the hearing..and you will find out that it's been taken care of and there will be no sale.

• Like 1

Let me try to put this in simple terms and concepts for you. Let's say there is $100,000 in a bank account. A business cuts checks to pay it's employees totalling $110,000. All the employees who cash their checks first, up to $100,000, will experience no issues. The poor saps who waited a little too long will be S.O.L. If you cash your check ASAP every time, then you will never notice a problem.......that doesn't mean that nobody else was left high and dry.

As someone pointed out.....it doesn't matter where you cash your check. If you go to Wal-Mart with no ID, then they send you on your way. The check can't bounce because it was never processed.

Side note: This is just another great reason to have direct deposit people!

Just because the sale doesn't happen in July and somehow the owners of Sno manage to work out a short term deal for now that doesn't mean they will learn how to run a successful business or manage their finances. Long-term smoke = FIRE!

Let me try to put this in simple terms and concepts for you. Let's say there is $100,000 in a bank account. A business cuts checks to pay it's employees totalling $110,000. All the employees who cash their checks first, up to $100,000, will experience no issues. The poor saps who waited a little too long will be S.O.L. If you cash your check ASAP every time, then you will never notice a problem.......that doesn't mean that nobody else was left high and dry.

As someone pointed out.....it doesn't matter where you cash your check. If you go to Wal-Mart with no ID, then they send you on your way. The check can't bounce because it was never processed.

Side note: This is just another great reason to have direct deposit people!

Just because the sale doesn't happen in July and somehow the owners of Sno manage to work out a short term deal for now that doesn't mean they will learn how to run a successful business or manage their finances. Long-term smoke = FIRE!

Sno suspended direct deposit when this was happening. I got it to prevent this and all of a sudden it stopped. My supervisor told me they don't offer it anymore. I don't know if they brought it back or not. I would assume that this was a cause and effect type of deal but not positive.

Anyway to call the Sheriff and ask if the sale is still on? Is it policy to string along potential buyers and then say no sale? I don't understand why that's the case, but that's possible I guess?

All things considered, $6.5 million + is a huge chunk of change if numbers can be believed... Even if they were able to find refinancing, I'm sure that the interest rate was fairly steep due to their past credit history (if this can be believed)... Unless they were able to post a significant cash infusion towards the principal, I fear this issue will continue into the future, even though it has been "resolved" many times over the past couple years...

The big plus side here is that unlike in years past, there haven't been payroll or utility issues that affected day to day operations... They have also done some decent improvements, albeit many of those could have been done low cost with their own equipment... I for one will wait until the date of the Sheriff sale until I pass judgment... I have a dream that one day this will not be the first thing we talk about each season when referring to Sno...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway to call the Sheriff and ask if the sale is still on? Is it policy to string along potential buyers and then say no sale? I don't understand why that's the case, but that's possible I guess?

Go here, http://www.lackawannacounty.org/viewDepartment.aspx?DeptID=82, click on the Sheriff Sale - July 17, 2012 link. Sno is the first property on the list.

i dont see what difference it makes. if you dont have the customers you dont have the customers. CB's making more from the water park anyway.

does sno have a lodge? i never even noticed when i went there.

no one goes to mountains like sno or bear because of the terrain. they go for the amenities.

google reviews :lol: all within the last 5 months.

This place is only good because of location. A 6 year skier and any other resort around beats this place. The previous owners were way nicer and had a lot better trails and conditions. The workers are NASTY and food is way over priced. I only go to this place because I live closer than the other resorts. But if you want good skiing, elk, camelback, jack frost, big boulder, or maybe even you back yard beats this junkyard.

Disliked: Service, Condition

The slowest ticket and rental lines in state of PA

Disliked: Service

How is it that the website says all ages for tubing, but then you get there and they tell you your child isn't tall enough. Hope this place goes bankrupt!

This place is terrible the people who work there are terible enployees not a recomened place