the b*tch thread

lumilautailija

If you want to bitch about stuff put it in here. that means anything and everything to do with bear creek. I'll start. bears excuse for not having a lot of features out for opening day was that they did not have enough snow...

This is the intro to follow me around. They have lots of snow in it. Also, Big boulder changes their park just about every day once again making bear look retarded. The park crew should also head on over to boulder and check out how the setup their features because they're doing it right. You don't set up a rail to be hit from the front and the side. Pick one or the other because it just does not work.

Also dig out the fucking rails. This is a taller dfd than the one they already had. if your going to waste your time making another dfd thats a foot taller than the other one it should be setup like that otherwise you just have two of the same rail. and seriously all they had to do to set this up right was cut about a foot and a half off of the lip. You don't need a 5' ramp to hit a down rail.

post-1864-0-53267200-1357244333_thumb.jpg

This is my dog. If i gave it a chicken sandwich it would use that as a tool and build a park better than bears park crew.

post-1864-0-39168300-1357244133_thumb.jpg

Edited by lumilautailija

NICE !

SEPA keeping it real, lets just take stock of what it is we are doing.

1. Last year they lost more money than you will ever make in your life because the whole fucking planet is warming.

2. It was 90 degrees with 99% hummidity for pretty much every day up to christmas.

3. They spent thousands of dollars taking water pumping it up hill and blowing it through a machine that uses materials and technology more advanced than shit dudes went to the moon with.

4. It is a 400vert shit hole in SEPA, the kinda established talent you can attract in terms of building a park is limited, no offense to the guys working their I'm just saying.

5. For every fucker that wants a grand canyon gap there is another fucker that wants ride on, you want a dfd, they want an s rail, you want a tabletop they want a 50ft cheese wedge booter step up. There is only so much time and work that can be done particularly when you work force is 16 and being paid 7.50 and is mostly there to ride for free.

You have every right to bitch I'm just saying your being unreasonable, if you want BC to be Boulder that ain't never going to happen so go ride at boulder or find real stuff to bitch about like PennDOT or chicks that use too much teeth.

• Like 4

What lumilwhatever is trying to say is, atleast what I think, the same exact thing that I am in the other thread. When in short, shit just is not set up right. I believe he also agrees with the point that I tried to make that you do not practically any snow at all to set up a rail properly... The number 4 bullet makes perfect sense and whoever doesnt also agree eats led based paints.

Basically dat der rail aint be set up correctly and dat der snow is plentiful.

However, bear creek needs to improve their gluten free swag. Mofo's up at dat der top eating place told me the wings sauce would be gluten free. I had a headache and felt like shit for hours after because dat der sauce had gluten. I are pissed

• Like 1

Wonderful thread.

Are you actually comparing a bunch of pros on a personal snake run to a resort park run that caters to all levels of riders??

From watching folks ride our lips I can tell you that it seems many of the riders up there indeed do like to hit some of our rails straight on and also from the side.

That dog appears to be some kind of lab or retriever, I find it hard to believe it can find it's food bowl in the same spot day after day.

I think johnny is right to some extent, I mean everybody prefers things a different way, for instance I personally don't mind a little teeth if she's nice about it.

Digging out the rails though i can understand you making a stink about and I'll work on it my first rake run tomorrow at 2pm. Hope to see you there luminajatalatia, stop in the yurt and say hi, I'm on black skis with a white NS sticker.

However, bear creek needs to improve their gluten free swag. Mofo's up at dat der top eating place told me the wings sauce would be gluten free. I had a headache and felt like shit for hours after because dat der sauce had gluten. I are pissed

Now that is something to complain about......

NICE !

SEPA keeping it real, lets just take stock of what it is we are doing.

1. Last year they lost more money than you will ever make in your life because the whole fucking planet is warming.

2. It was 90 degrees with 99% hummidity for pretty much every day up to christmas.

3. They spent thousands of dollars taking water pumping it up hill and blowing it through a machine that uses materials and technology more advanced than shit dudes went to the moon with.

4. It is a 400vert shit hole in SEPA, the kinda established talent you can attract in terms of building a park is limited, no offense to the guys working their I'm just saying.

5. For every fucker that wants a grand canyon gap there is another fucker that wants ride on, you want a dfd, they want an s rail, you want a tabletop they want a 50ft cheese wedge booter step up. There is only so much time and work that can be done particularly when you work force is 16 and being paid 7.50 and is mostly there to ride for free.

You have every right to bitch I'm just saying your being unreasonable, if you want BC to be Boulder that ain't never going to happen so go ride at boulder or find real stuff to bitch about like PennDOT or chicks that use too much teeth.

I still think i am being misunderstood. really all I was trying to say is that you barely need any snow to build lips to rails. the second point is that you don't even need "talent" hence the shit about my dog. They aren't setting up the most crazy shit ever it's a basic lip to a rail. I just don't understand why it is so hard to do such simple things, and people act like it is so hard because of whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
I still think i am being misunderstood. really all I was trying to say is that you barely need any snow to build lips to rails. the second point is that you don't even need "talent" hence the shit about my dog. They aren't setting up the most crazy shit ever it's a basic lip to a rail. I just don't understand why it is so hard to do such simple things, and people act like it is so hard because of whatever.

You are so smart.

• 1 year later...

Bringing the thread back to life. I've noticed early week days, such as tuesdays like today, have a less than stellar grooming. The slopes were almost perfect sunday and monday morning. Then once again Tuesday spotty grooming. 3 - 6inch transitions in the middle of trails, random icy groomer tracks, ruts and uneven rollers. I really don't mind so much myself as I love terrain park and all conditions, but I've seen some interesting grooming on a couple Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. I've actually heard a few guest talk about writing letters to managment as they bring their kids to learn at Bear Creek. Below par grooming leads to below par conditions and prevents riders from returning to the mountain. On a good note the big kicker in black bear is fun to hit when the conditions allow you to get enough speed. Sorry for the slightly negative post but I've been hearring it a lot the last couple weeks from guests that I meet on the lifts.

Bringing the thread back to life. I've noticed early week days, such as tuesdays like today, have a less than stellar grooming. The slopes were almost perfect sunday and monday morning. Then once again Tuesday spotty grooming. 3 - 6inch transitions in the middle of trails, random icy groomer tracks, ruts and uneven rollers. I really don't mind so much myself as I love terrain park and all conditions, but I've seen some interesting grooming on a couple Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. I've actually heard a few guest talk about writing letters to managment as they bring their kids to learn at Bear Creek. Below par grooming leads to below par conditions and prevents riders from returning to the mountain. On a good note the big kicker in black bear is fun to hit when the conditions allow you to get enough speed. Sorry for the slightly negative post but I've been hearring it a lot the last couple weeks from guests that I meet on the lifts.

Did the kicker actually have pop to it this morning? I hit it last night with more than enough speed and it had absolutely no pop at all.

If you're talking about the mountain in general that seems odd. Those dudes are solid operators 7days/week. If you're talking about cord in the park, that's my fault. I spend almost all of my Monday and Tuesday nights digging out buried features or building which definitely plays a part in less than straight cord.

They modified the lip again and yes, the last foot of the kicker pops you up now. They have changed the lip like 3 times now. We were dropping in from up at the lifts and cutting no speed just strait down black bear and off the kicker.

I've been messing with that Black Bear jump a few times now. I've been adjusting it with feedback that we're getting to try and get it dialed in. Every morning I've tried to test it out I've gotten crazy up hill wind so I've been having to rely on second hand feedback.

As usual the PA conditions don't help either. Warm temps mixed with well below freezing temps don't help the grooming process. Most of the times the grooming is spot on, it just seems to be random days. I always stick up for the mountain when speaking with guests on the lift. I love the work you guys have been putting in the park. It has come along nicely and compaired to last year we already have like 2 times the riding days in :)

• Like 1

If you're talking about the mountain in general that seems odd. Those dudes are solid operators 7days/week. If you're talking about cord in the park, that's my fault. I spend almost all of my Monday and Tuesday nights digging out buried features or building which definitely plays a part in less than straight cord.

I've been messing with that Black Bear jump a few times now. I've been adjusting it with feedback that we're getting to try and get it dialed in. Every morning I've tried to test it out I've gotten crazy up hill wind so I've been having to rely on second hand feedback.

It shoots you too high up and not out, that's just what I got from it. I think it's a little big for its position on the trail. You have to bomb from the lift basically and on a busy night, like last night, it's dangerous because all the retards are out. I do applaud you guys for making bigger things this year though.

I wish bear would close as late as possible, they could only keep lift B running and a few trails open if they're worried about profit, but I don't know the logistics. Also, I like the jumps as it is currently.

Late in regards to what time? 10 is pretty fair. Especially during the week. They won't get much weekend business after 10. I know I'm never there past 7 on a Friday because I want to make it back to Kutztown for happy hour. Plus, most people that would ride past 10 are pass holder, which they essentially don't make money off of and they would have to pay to keep the lift spinning.

If you meant stay open late as in April then disregard the above paragraph.