TR BC 2-13-14

guitar73

after we dug ourselves out of the house, tinymoose and i went up to check the conditions out at bc. we got there around 6:15pm, it was still a light drizzle coming down. we booted up and it had started to change over to sleet, then straight up ice. snow was suprizingly good considering the rain and ice that followed the snow. didn't do too much carving b/c the snow was a bit too grippy and it was very easy to catch an edge. in general, the snow was very slow.

we started with cascade park and then headed over to the F-lift. on the way down i ducked into the trees along broadway and was pleasantly suprised. it was a bit rutted up in there, but the snow was soft. loads of soft little bumplets on extreme and grizzly. we continued to play in the woods for a few runs, then went over to sasquatch. it skied very nicely and had nice soft bumps. we went in for a snack around 8:30pm...by this time we were totally soaked. it had started to change over to snow before we headed inside for the break, so by the time we went back outside there was a couple inches of freshies on the ground. we finished out the day with two more runs down cascade park.

we packed it up and headed back to the skibaru. two college girls in a honda accord were stuck in their parking spot, so i helped them get out of it. it was pretty rough going, but we managed to get her out and on her way...but not before i noticed that she still had here E-brake on.....yeah..... they left before us, but we passed on them on the access road out b/c they got stuck on the hill. hope they got home ok, or at least got a room at the hotel.

anyhow, we made it home with no problems....it was snowy and windy. very little traffic on 100 or 422. and our parking spot was still there when we got back home! sweet.....

• Like 1

Yep, yesterday was stellar..Even this morning was pretty top shelf with the snow over night......A lot was groomed out,but you could go pretty much were ever your courage would take you...

Today was my first time riding powder on skis....I must say it did not go real well...still had a ton of fun,but I can't turn well with them...Snowboard is way easier for me....

• Like 2

Yep, yesterday was stellar..Even this morning was pretty top shelf with the snow over night......A lot was groomed out,but you could go pretty much were ever your courage would take you...

Today was my first time riding powder on skis....I must say it did not go real well...still had a ton of fun,but I can't turn well with them...Snowboard is way easier for me....

sit back and enjoy the ride!