New

GeorgeCostanza

Thank you for showing us around, btw.

No problem. I hope you guys make your way back up this way this season. I don't remember if I took you guys from the top of white lightning to the bottom of smoke in the woods, but that is a route that I hope all the PASR's get a chance to hit at some point.

• Like 1

Elk is like buying a cereal brand that claims to be like Lucky Charms. But when you open the box, there are no freaking marshmallows. If I didn't know any better I would think "ok let's try out this elk place because they say is like Vermont" then I pull up to it, look up and its a half the size, there's less snow and the first thing I see when I get in the lift are two signs. One that says "ski fast, lose pass" and the other saying "skiing in trees is not allowed".

At that point I'm thinking well this is nothing like Vermont. I could have just gone to Blue or Montage. Don't get me wrong, Elk has fun terrain and a different vibe. If you haven't been, you should give it a whirl. No one hates on it for its terrain or snow. It's more so how people feel that it's something more than it really is. Basically what it really boils down to is don't promise me lucky charms, then give me special K.

Elk is like buying a cereal brand that claims to be like Lucky Charms. But when you open the box, there are no freaking marshmallows. If I didn't know any better I would think "ok let's try out this elk place because they say is like Vermont" then I pull up to it, look up and its a half the size, there's less snow and the first thing I see when I get in the lift are two signs. One that says "ski fast, lose pass" and the other saying "skiing in trees is not allowed".

At that point I'm thinking well this is nothing like Vermont. I could have just gone to Blue or Montage. Don't get me wrong, Elk has fun terrain and a different vibe. If you haven't been, you should give it a whirl. No one hates on it for its terrain or snow. It's more so how people feel that it's something more than it really is. Basically what it really boils down to is don't promise me lucky charms, then give me special K.

Wow how did I miss that one...lol...en fuego

Elk is as good a hill as anything else in Pa. I wouldn't pay full pop for a ticket...then again I wouldn't pay full pop for a ticket anywhere in Pa. With that said you can find the occasional $20 day at Elk which makes the trip worth it.

This board is way eastern pa specific, what about the knob or fuck maybe even 7 springs. There are parts of the Laurel Highlands that avg 200 a year that's CO levels. What about the Pine Creek and PA Grand ? Mad fucking steep shit in that neck, gonna pucker that butt hole for sure.

• Like 1

This board is way eastern pa specific, what about the knob or fuck maybe even 7 springs. There are parts of the Laurel Highlands that avg 200 a year that's CO levels. What about the Pine Creek and PA Grand ? Mad fucking steep shit in that neck, gonna pucker that butt hole for sure.

Blue knob has great terrain especially the bowl, but it can be as icy as a popsicle unless there is good snow.  I think it is run by the state.

Edited by zzslope

Raced 7 when I was younger. Toured most of the state in my teens and 20's. I live on the east side so I ski on the east side, and let's be honest if you're gonna' drive more then 2.5 hours is it gonna' be to Seven Springs or the knob. Sure there's stuff that has some pitch out there...for about 300 vert. Not sure that's gonna' make me sweat it. I can hike more shit locally in the woods that'll pucker me up. Just sayin'.