Where's the snow?

Sara43

Woah! Lots going on in the Montage Forum and I'm busy not paying attention to the internets. Welcome Sara, as of now you and I are the only people on this board that actually spend a decent amount of time at Montage. 

I'm glad they tested the guns, and yes it wold be nice to blow tons of snow and get wild, but Montage is still, pardon the pun, gun shy about pushing for super early openings. I'm sure they see the 50 degrees on the weekend and rain as a liability and just aren't willing to throw away money. Sure these things kind of suck for us, but at the end of the day it makes financial sense to be tight with the purse strings the first few years, especially considering the infrastructure improvements from last year that cost more than a few bucks. I love that mountain more than I love my own house, and I would love to grab some turns up there next week, but I would prefer resort wide solvency to an extra 5 days in November on the snow. 

Also I agree that some of the lifties are out of their minds. From the one that tries to do handstands on ski poles with his feet up near the bullwheel to the one that is 7 sizes too big for his Montage issued jacket so it can't zip, they are a wacky bunch and I'm sure more than a few are working there as a means to hide from someone or something. 

• Like 2

Yeah I suppose They may have been testing things out, I guess I should just suck it up and apologize for this post.. 

I am very passionate about skiing and this mountain means more to me than most of my family members. 

I see this brief upcoming warm snap and began to realize they were probably right and their actions are responsible.. 

There's a reason Charlie owns a ski resort and I just ski it.. 

In the long shot, spending money they don't have, that's sno's legacy, they would have followed suit with the rest and spent the money, instead he decided to do what's best for the company and he's not blowing cash all over the place (Pun intended)

We have short term memories, we forget what cold feels like until November, we forget how hot summer is in June, 3.. 5.. 10 years from now, we won't remember this, hopefully we'll be thanking the lord the new owner created a successful business and changed things up.  A lot can happen, all my complaints could be solved in time and hopefully they will.  Hell, at this time of year, it seems like the weather man can't seem to get it right, what if we possibly have a warmer few days than anticipated and put other resorts back in the same place as us.  That's a good chunk of change they can use later in the year, dusting icy slopes in march like last year.    

I hope this forum and this post may have alerted management of what was going on last year with the lift department.  Perhaps they need more managers, maybe pay higher wages yet hold strict standards, and hell.. Drug tests? I apologize for the 180 here, but hell, Montages forum needed a little drama to spice things up.. 

• Like 2

It would be nice though if more montage CUSTOMERS held their complaints here though instead of people who never even go.  May be less dramatic, but I have a feeling they're watching this website with a very, very close eye, and if real experiences are brought to attention, it may help them.  I don't think it will get to more than .001% of their possible customers, Not saying that'll happen though, this is the internet!!!  

• Like 1

Montage is dumb for not blowing hardcore during this cold spell. We might not have another cold spell so good till after Christmas. 4 days of well below freezing temperatures>a few mild days next week. Sara are you gonna come down to Blue mountain Black Friday and ski with some PASRs???

If ski resorts did drug testing they wouldn't have many employees...and wages at ski areas are gonna be around minumum wage. It's part time seasonal work with a major perk in a free season pass.

Aside from KCSki who no longer works for montage there aren't any employees or management on this site. If you have serious issues with the resort this is not the place to express those opinions. A few years back me and atomic skier had issues with blue mountains ski patrollers so we had a meeting with the owner and general manager.

Be happy that you are apparently good looking enough to get hooted and hollered at by a liftee. The other day the young female cashier at Panera said I smelled good. That made my day.

• Like 2

you will change your tune on that when your delivery driver gets into an accident.

He gets tested once every other year by the state. I believe he'd be way more likely to cause an accident if he was hungover from drinking the night before or sleep deprived than if he smoked weed the day before or week before or month before. Just my inflation adjusted two cents.