Where's the snow?

Sara43

I like going to target Monday mornings at 8am. I eavesdrop in on their team meetings and when I wear khaki pants and a red polo shirt random people come up to me and ask me for assistance.

Must make you feel warm and fuzzy inside to feel needed by some senior citizen looking for depends, only for you to run over their dog and roll off on your way back to the big "A" so you can go chillax at karaoke and show your steezy skillz rapping at a dive bar named after a sitcom from before you were born.

• Like 2

Boy did this get off topic or what? 

I'm starting to feel like I should retract my apology.  I didn't realize how close other mountains were to opening. 

Blue opened and they're pretty far south right?

I think we could possibly get real snow Wednesday but looks like they will have the weather to make snow Thursday and Friday.

If they decide to ever open this year. 

They may need to bring back some lifeguards to watch the lazy river while they make us ski around it.

Montage did watch this site like a hawk by the way in the past and you're assuming they don't have people on here? (lololol)

It's amazing what secrets you get in the bar from drunk supervisors.  

Blue being pretty far south has nothing to do witht their opening, with the cold weather we just had a mountain in Virginia could have opened. Their opening had to do with their powerful snowmaking system and their willingness to wanna open the early. How do you know Montage watched this site like a hawk?

Anyway there's a small chance Sno could open in like. 2 weeks.

• Like 1

First of all, I'm going to say again, unless you've been to Montage in the past few years and you have no intention of going this year, go fuck off,  I don't want anyones rumors from 10-20 years ago.  Even Sno shouldn't be brought up unless it comes out of my mouth (fingers?)  Even though they were aggressive and wen't all balls to the walls, they seriously needed deeper pockets to make the resort they wanted.  

Anyone remember the stupid wrist bands the first year? lifties trying to scan the bands, I heard as long as you had the right color, all you had to do is put it in the microwave for about 3 seconds and the staff would pass to the lift out of laziness if they didn't read.  

I know one of the owners of Sno pushed it out of personal gain, His pockets grew through the hardware required for the system.  They tried making a walk through verification system in place of wands attached to what were palm pilots; out of painted PVC pipe; I know because I saw it all smashed up before they could even get it to work. 

I know the huge investment of money into the terrain park, the features were destroyed the spring after their big competition due to idiot groomers not giving a shit, you can still see thousands of dollars of rails and boxes littered behind the shops as you go up the north face lift. 

I can tell you the mountain refuses to replace the polycarbonate surfaces of the features of the terrain park rails and uses painted plywood and regular plexiglass  

That super pipe was incredible and from what I heard, Snowmakers moved heaven and earth to make enough snow for that in time for the whatever competition they had because of how much rain and warmups we had that year. 

Blue being pretty far south has nothing to do witht their opening, with the cold weather we just had a mountain in Virginia could have opened. Their opening had to do with their powerful snowmaking system and their willingness to wanna open the early. How do you know Montage watched this site like a hawk?

Anyway there's a small chance Sno could open in like. 2 weeks.

I don't want to get any particular past or present managers in trouble.  Actually they're all past as of now with one in particular who spilled some beans at the bar last year.  

Could they open in two weeks?  I personally believe they could open 4-5 trails and 2-3 lifts within 4 days if they work hard enough and weather permits.  

I'm a little suspicious too as to why they blew snow only a few hours after I posted this, and stopped around 3-4pm? They had cold temps that night, why not keep going?  Could this thread website have made the decision to put some white on the grass for publicity reasons?

I do know they could open quite a few slopes quickly but to fill the lazy river will take weeks regardless of the weather.

Their 'willingness' will be shown soon I suppose.  I can see them fighting like Rocky, taking hits and hits from public opinion and pounding the shit out of the mountain and doing it cheaper and better than anyone around.  I'm no expert, but like I've said before, I don't own a ski resort and from a business strategy, this may save $20-$50k If they get lucky. 

They better go balls to the walls once they begin.  

Sara no need to be hostile and tell people to fuck off. This is a friendly community. The wrist band thing seems silly but you're still skiing so whatever. I don't think anything posted on this site has any relevance on whether or not montage mountain blew snow for a few hours the other day. I'm just guessing that the amount of money they would spend doing a 3-4 day snowmaking assault on the mountain was more than the potential early season business. Oh well Blue has a 3-4 foot base. You should come down to blue mountain the true mountain next weekend for some November turns and to meet some PASRs.

• Like 4

believe it or not, quite a few of us do like montage.....i agree with gss on this point: willingness to make snow early and economics. any ski day we have right now is bonus. so put aside your blind devotion to montage and just go where the snow is!  

• Like 3