BC Sad and Lonely

k2king

BC has really seemed to blow it this year...when it was cold and Blue was blowing a huge base BC really did not put down enough snow.  Now they have barely anything opened, maybe 3 trails and are going to be hurt badly by the upcoming warm spell and rain. 

I can not imagine how long it will take to get the rest of the mountain open.  Very disappointing.  Blue has been fantastic this year, BC should take a lesson from them.

BC has really seemed to blow it this year...when it was cold and Blue was blowing a huge base BC really did not put down enough snow. Now they have barely anything opened, maybe 3 trails and are going to be hurt badly by the upcoming warm spell and rain.

I can not imagine how long it will take to get the rest of the mountain open. Very disappointing. Blue has been fantastic this year, BC should take a lesson from them.

Blue also is a little bit colder. Trust me I want bear full swing just as much as anyone else, but they haven't really had the weather for it. Could they have opened earlier? Probably. The long range wasn't there for them yet this year.

Patience. We need all need to learn to be patient. The weather will come. And for christ sake, it's southeastern pa were talking about, we should be happy were riding anything before Christmas.

How much colder is blue?

The consensus is 5-7 degrees. Blue is extremely agressive when it comes to blowing during marginal conditions.

The lodge at BC is awesome, great bar great food

I heard their chili cheese fries are outstanding. I haven't skied there in almost 20 years. I got a free pass from a ski patroller friend and it wasn't worth the price.

Ill agree man however I will say that when I was going a ton in like 06-07 it was set up different more stuff more lines good flow

There's like 7 features right now because of the lack of snow but they literally set them up so staggered down the mountain you can't hit a consistant lin or flow through I line without having to cut across 50 percent of the trail.

U there today? I saw the webcams and it doesn't look terrible.

Just got there for a few runs after work. If I wasn't meeting people at the bar later I wouldn't have went. It's horrible. They'll be closed sunday with the rain. They really need a cold spell.

They had more coverage in April of last year on the last day than what they're open with on some trails right now.

Thin and skinny.  Skiing on about half a trail but still have about 5 or 6 features out.  Not looking forward to shoveling cement but we need some blown snow in a really bad way.  I'll take anything at this point.

http://www.bcmountainresort.com/index.php/snowsports/snowsports-l/webcams