Camelback Sunday Feb 8th

Mess

Arrived at Camelback at 7:50 and parked at the CBK Lodge.  This Is a much better parking option if you are at the mountain early.  We parked 50 feet from the lodge and it is free.  The suckers that pay $20 for preferred parking walk much further than that to be in a crowded main lodge.  We went up Raceway lift and found Pocono raceway closed due to racing.  We went down Bactrian to the Stevenson Express.  We did 2 runs on nile mile and the snow was great.  No lift lines.  My next run was cliff hanger.  There were moguls skiers right and the rest of the trail was ungroomed but fairly even.  Found some icy spots on the headwalls and snow conditions overall were not great on the trail.  We then worked our way over to the Sullivan express.  My son and I did a run on Upper cleopatra and the king tut.  Both had great snow and were a lot of fun.  When he went for a break in the Cameltop Lodge I took 2 runs down Rocket.  It was pretty cool to let him see me going down a fairly steep trail.  Snow was great and I would say they were the runs of the day.  After breaking we did a few more trails on the blue terrain and my son called it quits.  I decided to take a few more.  On my way up the mountain it started to rain.  I did a run on Pharoah and then tried to find a way back to the CBK lodge and this point it was poring and my googles could have used windshield wipers.  Called it a day and headed to Tannersville diner.  Great day much better and fewer crowds than last Sunday.