I like trains!!! Train thread...

the first time i went i went all the way with my mom to burlington to check out UVM, it wasnt ski season and we got a taxi at the train station.  the second time i went, VTmark picked me up at rutland.  first trip was amtrak's Vermonter, second trip was another route

Nice...I wonder if mark took any trains in Russia. My friend Katie is going. Siberia with her dad in march. It's just somewhere they've always wanted to go.

• 5 months later...

I'll never understand how people get hit on tracks that aren't trying to die. These trains are on tracks. They aren't randomly cruising down neighborhood streets.

In 5th grade conrail came to our school and showed up a train track saftey video, along with endless shots of kids getting run over and dismembered was a stat that like 99% of people that are hit are either suicide or teenagers playing on the tracks.....I have no idea if that's true but I still remember some kid getting run over in that video.

Completely unrelated

• Like 1

I almost moved to Durango years ago with an ex. Glad I didn't.

While we were on vacation, my wife was like, "let's move to Taos or Durango". While that sounds awesome and all, the old jobby job situation would be a problem for me. Plus my kids aren't Hispanic enough not to be discriminated against in Taos.
  • Like 2

While we were on vacation, my wife was like, "let's move to Taos or Durango". While that sounds awesome and all, the old jobby job situation would be a problem for me. Plus my kids aren't Hispanic enough not to be discriminated against in Taos.

Yeah low pay and high cost of living. That's why I like Allentown. Low cost of living and pay is around national average unless you sell tombstones then you make money hand over fist lol

Durango/silverton RR? Always wanted to ride that.

I really want to do that this summer. You can get off half way in Needleton and hike into Chicago Basin to camp. Need to find someone to go with. Don't want to backpack my first time solo.

I really want to do that this summer. You can get off half way in Needleton and hike into Chicago Basin to camp. Need to find someone to go with. Don't want to backpack my first time solo.

I didn't know about the hiking options! That is sweet.

Another awesome scenic railroad is the Cumbres & Toltec that runs between Chama, NM and Antonito, CO. It's an old school narrow gauge RR that goes over some sick canyons and all around mountains and stuff.

You could theoretically get to Whitefish from where you are by train. A bus to Philly, then train to Washington, Chicago, Whitefish.

Is that the "empire builder" that runs from CHI through glacier to the PNW?

I'll never understand how people get hit on tracks that aren't trying to die. These trains are on tracks. They aren't randomly cruising down neighborhood streets.

Simple. They aren't paying attention. You have headphones in walking down a track and an electric regional rail train is barreling down on you at 100mph, you're gonna get smoked.
  • Like 1

its not a sidewalk. Thats the retarded part i dont get.

I dont understand it either.

Trains are crazy though.

They travel all over the world on these two pieces of metal held down by brackets bolted to exposed wood that just lays in a bunch of rocks? Ok

And theyre not even bolts. Theyre nails