Opening Monday

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Tp4 may get to use his new equipment

IF you go to CB, I wouldn't use the new board,  Better off using the older board, as there are bound to be rocks mixed into the snow.

Last year begining of the season i went to cb.  the snow was dotted by stones.  looked like raisins in frosting.  tore the shit out of the bottom of my board.

• Like 1

Good point, thank you for the warning. I got a little ahead of myself. Seeing that board still in its packaging is starting to get to me

no worries,  I am in same boat, I have a new Never Summer ripsaw, waiting to roar, but won't bring it out on the slush.

May bring it to MT snow on the 28th  though if they blow enough otherwise i will be riding my rock board

Blue rising to challenge saying they may also open Monday for sneak preview

Not may open they are opening. No way blue wants to fall to number 2 in Pennsylvania

I guess camelback is still #9 on the best of PA list.

I laughed

yep just got email,  I know where I will be on Monday.  any one else?

Me me me haven't taken off work in forever. I thought about taking a half day but nah gonna be drinking.

Of course I can't make it Monday and it might only be open monday smhBlue is still gonna make me buy a lift ticket from another mtn on Wednesday smh

Nah they'll me open Monday to Wednesday and prob after xmas based on how much snow melts during the xmas heat wave

Oh hey look, tp4 led the charge of bitching on blue's facebook and on pasr and suddenly blue decides to open. As I expected, not a single blue mtn pasr has thanked me for them opening. People can front, but you all know I'm the main reason they decided to open. I can't even make it to ride the one day they will be open, even though I'm the reason they are open. As a famous rapper once said, "I'll probably never get the props I feel I truly deserve."

Makes sense since TP4 is the most relevant rider in PA perhaps North America

Thanks TP4

• Like 1

Didn't they open a few years ago relatively early, but only a jib setup on tubing hill?

That was an incredibly disappointing move on their part. They had a ton of snow made on the main opening trails and decided to set up a jib park in the park instead so they could let it sit in whales a little while longer. I think it was the week before Thanksgiving. I saw they whales they had, and at 7-8 feet tall, that would have made it through a 3 day warm up groomed out.

Camelback disappointed their fans even though their planned opening is the only reason their rival blue got off their ass and is actually gonna open on Monday lol. Fail lol

Blues opening had nothing to do with camelback it had to do with the tiny snowmaking window

Also time of year in early December they would never open on a Monday.

Blue opened because I pointed out numerous times on their facebook that their rival camrlelback was opening

Do you really think Blue saw your posts and said "That guy on FB is right. Call the snowmaking crew and tell them to report to duty ASAP. We're gonna blow snow and get this place open!" 

Blue is opening tomorrow because they made the wise decision a few years ago to invest in a pump that can crank out more snow than anyone else in the area when temps are marginal. 

Do you really think Blue saw your posts and said "That guy on FB is right. Call the snowmaking crew and tell them to report to duty ASAP. We're gonna blow snow and get this place open!" 

Blue is opening tomorrow because they made the wise decision a few years ago to invest in a pump that can crank out more snow than anyone else in the area when temps are marginal. 

Really a testament to their snowmaking capabilities.  With two nights of marginal-ish sno making, they pumped out enough snow to cover all of Big Boulder.  They'll always be #1.