BC TR 1-14-2016

guitar73

tinymoose and i just got back from a stellar nite session. conditions were rail-to-rail carving awesomeness mixed in with slaloming btwn the middle school and high school kiddos. we rolled in to the lodge about 5:30 or so to meet up with two of tinymoose's friends. they were doing a group private lesson so i was on my own for most of the evening. temps were nice and mild but not warm enough to damage the snowpack. it was def a nite to carve since anything else was slide, slide, slide. firm but very edgeable. best area was skiers left on grizzly. i was doing my best to help set a descent pattern for bumps, but my contributions for the cause were quickly erased by most ppl straightlining it or side slipping it.  oh well, at least i tried.

we wrapped things up about 8:20 and headed up to trail's end pub for celebratory beers. and good times were had by all.

• Like 2

Whenever we aren't digging or shaping lips.  It's enough skiing for fun to keep me coming back every year and enough diggin and shaping to keep me in shape over the winter, I mean I'm not exactly in my 20s anymore ha.

Technically I like to call it quality control, inspecting the park, and monitoring safety of the guests in the parks.  One of us has a radio at all times in case we see a major header that we need to call in patrol ASAP.

• Like 2

Whenever we aren't digging or shaping lips. It's enough skiing for fun to keep me coming back every year and enough diggin and shaping to keep me in shape over the winter, I mean I'm not exactly in my 20s anymore ha.

Technically I like to call it quality control, inspecting the park, and monitoring safety of the guests in the parks. One of us has a radio at all times in case we see a major header that we need to call in patrol ASAP.

I know of at least one patroller that skis pretty much only park while he's there so he has you covered on that one.

second job, I'm a full time packaging designer and steel rule diemaker for a print finishing company.  Only ever worked there on park crew and this is my 6th season.

I always love to see the young patrollers in the park, the customers do nothing but benefit from better response times.  That said in the peak of the season it gets pretty wild and I'm pretty sure the patrollers don't have full 6 or 8 hour shifts. We work together with them as much as possible though to keep everyone safe and the relationship between us and them is very good.  They know we are quite diligent at helping keep them and the guests as safe as possible, be it gathering equipment, blocking jumps, or just helping them out on scene in any way possible.

second job, I'm a full time packaging designer and steel rule diemaker for a print finishing company. Only ever worked there on park crew and this is my 6th season.

I always love to see the young patrollers in the park, the customers do nothing but benefit from better response times. That said in the peak of the season it gets pretty wild and I'm pretty sure the patrollers don't have full 6 or 8 hour shifts. We work together with them as much as possible though to keep everyone safe and the relationship between us and them is very good. They know we are quite diligent at helping keep them and the guests as safe as possible, be it gathering equipment, blocking jumps, or just helping them out on scene in any way possible.

I'm not on patrol but I'm first aid/responder certified so I've helped them out a few times with blocking jumps etc. Even helped out a few times there's been collisions and what not when there's two people hurt and only one patroller at the scene. Bear has one of the best patrol groups in nepa as far as I'm concerned. Never had a problem with any of them.

I'm not on patrol but I'm first aid/responder certified so I've helped them out a few times with blocking jumps etc. Even helped out a few times there's been collisions and what not when there's two people hurt and only one patroller at the scene. Bear has one of the best patrol groups in nepa as far as I'm concerned. Never had a problem with any of them.

Thanks Kyle!!!

I still swear you rode bc like 10 years ago. I think you forgot about it. I can remember you posting about it

No I didn't. The one chick from BC Mary I believe offered me free skiing there cause I won a bet with her but I never went there for the free voucher. I've been on Root 100 in macungie many times but never went the five miles down church street since they built the new lodge and hotel and all the other stuff. I remember the viva la bam episode at BC. That was awesome.