Vail Resorts?!?!?!?

VTmark

i can't believe blue hasnt started charging for parking yet (awaits doug's post saying they should, cause most resorts out west do.  also stating skiing is an expensive sport and we should expect to pay for parking).  if blue started charging for parking, id park at appalachian trailhead

If Blue were to charge for parking, Blue Mt drive would look like the lift line for the 6 pack at 8 am.  They cant get the lift going on time, so what makes anybody think they might be able to open the gates to the parking lot in a reasonable amount of time?  

I am sure this has been thought of by Blue, but they cant get around the fact that them charging for parking would turn blue mt drive into a parking lot around 10-11 am with people waiting to get into the lower lot.   

I never, ever, ever, ever pay for parking at sporting events.  the only time i can remember paying for parking in the last 5 years is summerjam last month, and you dont have much of an option (that I know of) at the meadowlands

What was that parking like $30-$40. I don't go to sporting events so no issue there.

Vail is not only buying up resorts left and right, but they seem to be growing them in a financially prudent way. Their stock is through the roof and their acquisitions seem to be well financed. Doesn't seem like much of a threat for a balloon payment to submarine them.

I remember when Camelback had free parking my freshman and sophomore years of college. I think they instituted pay parking sometime around my graduation. I just parked a lot further back.

I go back and forth on this, but I think that VR is ultimately doing good things for skiing affordability and for sustainable growth in the ski industry in general.  

I just pray that they don't start buying up slow lift, no lodging oasises like Loveland, Monarch, and Wolf Creek, or less crowded corporate resorts like CB, Telluride, Jackson and Big Sky.  

Edited by jordan
  • Like 1

at this point in time, can jackson be considered less crowded? i was under the impression jackson is pretty much touristy at this point, and we should focus our efforts at Big Sky...which was empty and epic when i was there a few years ago

I've never been to Jackson, but whenever GSS and AJeff go, it sounds like a shitshow...

yeah, I echo that big sky sentiment. I doubt vail would buy big sky since it isn't close to a large metropolitan area....same goes with JH. WB is not that far away from Vancouver. vail just might buy up the rest of the summit county resorts, lol. 

I've never been to Jackson, but whenever GSS and AJeff go, it sounds like a shitshow...

Only a shitshow first thing in the morning on powder days. When me and Jeff go it's mostly tourists.

I go back and forth on this, but I think that VR is ultimately doing good things for skiing affordability and for sustainable growth in the ski industry in general.  

I just pray that they don't start buying up slow lift, no lodging oasises like Loveland, Monarch, and Wolf Creek, or less crowded corporate resorts like CB, Telluride, Jackson and Big Sky.

Loveland could use a high speed lift or two. Those lifts are dinosaurs.

Isn't Jackson already on the Epic pass?

Only a shitshow first thing in the morning on powder days. When me and Jeff go it's mostly tourists.

Loveland could use a high speed lift or two. Those lifts are dinosaurs.

No it doesn't, perfect the way it is.

• Like 2

Th lift on the far right takes like 10 minutes and the run is only like 2 minutes long.

It's not Loveland's fault that you choose to ride their beginner lift.  The first rule of Loveland has historically been "never ride chair 2 from the bottom", since you could take chair 1 and ski to chair 2 mid-load before chair 2 would reach the mid-load point.  Now that the lift is split in two, there is never any reason to ride chair 2 at all.   

Also, I find it more pleasant to ride slower lifts that take a couple extra minutes than standing in lift lines for 15+ extra minutes (like you would at the summit country resorts on most weekends)

Jordan I'm talking about lift 8 that's the lift on the right at Loveland..

I've never been on chair 2 cause that's the beginner lift. Loveland is cool I just get triple as much vert in at copper.

I agree that chair 8 is not great bang for your buck...but chair 1, 4, and 9 certainly are (especially chair 1)

I take it that you have never tried to ski copper on the weekend?

Also, sometimes skiing isn't all about the vert.  

Edited by jordan
  • Like 2

I agree that chair 8 is not great bang for your buck...but chair 1, 4, and 9 certainly are (especially chair 1)

I take it that you have never tried to ski copper on the weekend?

Also, sometimes skiing isn't all about the vert.

Only been out there in the spring so no crowds weekdays or weekends. Loveland doesn't have anything like the Pali lift. Heard that was being replaced.