Any info on the condos??

GrilledSteezeSandwich

I'm still waiting on info on the condos.

Prolly a yooge Trumpstyle scam. Prohibiting outside food to try and boost inhouse food sales and offering a too good to be true season pass dealio sounds like they're trying to juice the balance sheet for a sale or skimming as much as they can before they go broke. Barb do drugs?

Never been to a red lobster. Everyone I talk to thinks that's crazy. One day...

Honestly I'm too lazy to look. Where is the new location? Wasn't it supposed to be adjacent to the Slopeside?

I believe new location is above the summit lodge and if you ever go to red lobster go an off peak time like 4pm or at lunch. It gets crazy crowded. Red lobster is basically chain seafood with entrees from $15-25. The ultimate feast is the most expensive thing on the menu and includes crab legs, a lobster tail, shrimp scampi and fried shrimp plus a side and soup or salad and is like $28.

I'm an ultimate feast kind of guy...for seafood I go to Youells the most since it's a block away from where I live.

Ultimate feast is what the wife and I both usually get when we go and it's not during endless shrimp. Usually about once a year, with a couple trips for shrimp too. You're right in that previous post, it gets busy as all hell.

We love seafood, so I often make it for us at home. Like to do a big shrimp and clam boil, throw in some baby potatoes and corn on the cob, crab legs if I can get a good price. Yum.

Never been to a red lobster. Everyone I talk to thinks that's crazy. One day...

Honestly I'm too lazy to look. Where is the new location? Wasn't it supposed to be adjacent to the Slopeside?

Don't waste your time. It's like a step up from long John silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't think they made enough money to drop a million or two on lighting and snow guns for barbs bush.

I just find it crazy that Blue has been hyping this condo thing for a year and haven't even received approval on it. Maybe they should just build a lower building. I honestly think it should be a hotel vs condos. That seems to work for Bear creek between weddings, events, skiing and other activities. Also the hotel should be managed by a hotel

Management company not blue mountain.

• Like 1

If it's such a hassle to put it above the current lodge, why not put it below right at the corner of the parking lot?

If it's a taller building than the current lodge, who wants to look out and see the roof of the current lodge anyway?

They should make it a hotel.  They need the rooms for wedding parties.

I'm sure they'd rent out in the winter for weekends.

I swear they forget about it....with the way they generally do things I'm saying 2020

I agree.  i dont know about 2020, but i will go with it wont be open for 17/18.  

I assume since they did actually cut trees, that they do have permits/permission to do it.  i wonder when permits and things of the like might expire on that.  

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they made enough money to drop a million or two on lighting and snow guns for barbs bush.

I just find it crazy that Blue has been hyping this condo thing for a year and haven't even received approval on it. Maybe they should just build a lower building. I honestly think it should be a hotel vs condos. That seems to work for Bear creek between weddings, events, skiing and other activities. Also the hotel should be managed by a hotel

Management company not blue mountain.

Yeah, a hotel seems like a better idea.  

Have a hard time imagining people buying a condo at Blue Mountain.  At least up in the Poconos proper, you have more of a feeling of being in the woods or mountains....and you might use the place year 'round.  Blue doesn't have that feeling to me - maybe I'm wrong.

A hotel with a waterpark seems like the winning combo for smaller mountains.  Camelback seems to do well.  Greek peak did this as well.  Bear Creek...(they don't have a waterpark, do they?)