Guns on

enjoralas

I predict the Camel is going to drop a bomb tomorrow and announce a Wednesday opening.

Friday at the latest, but my gut says Wednesday. Do the hills open on Thanksgiving?

Maybe on Friday last few years camelback only opened with their learning Hill. Enjorales you really think Wednesday. Last year camelback opened a day later than Blue. I don't recall a time when any local hills were open on thanksgiving day. Christmas yes for everywhere but blue.

Enjorales is wishcasting.

What did they say on Facebook enjorales. Did they say what runs they post on.

Just checked there Facebook. No mention of an opening date or what trails they are blowing on. If they get a top to bottom run open I'll go this weekend. Usually about $35-40 there opening day. They don't allow tailgating in the lot but can hit up barly creek afterwards.

What did they say on Facebook enjorales. Did they say what runs they post on.

Just checked there Facebook. No mention of an opening date or what trails they are blowing on. If they get a top to bottom run open I'll go this weekend. Usually about $35-40 there opening day. They don't allow tailgating in the lot but can hit up barly creek afterwards.

No, they didn't come out and say anything, kept saying to stay posted for opening date. It's a total read between the lines on my part.

Like they posted 4 hours ago that they had been blowing for almost 24 hours, and said they had 5" of natural under that. And they'll blow tonight, and tomorrow night will be even better.

And they are replying to EVERY comment to stay tuned for an opening date, they usually don't do that. And one person said something like "At least we can see it out our windows" and they replied "nice view! Stay tuned for opening day announcement." Then the person replied that they were staying in the lodge this week, and too bad they won't be able to ski. And they replied AGAIN, to stay tuned for an opening day announcement.

That was weird, and triggered my spidey sense.

This would be largely unprecedented for them in recent history. I remember a stretch of 5 straight snowmaking days before Thanksgiving, probably about 6 years ago, where they had 4' of base on their 8 standard opening day trails, and they opened the tubing park with a hike park.

However, with the opening of the hotel, they may push it a little more to try and get a little bit higher occupancy.

Well, since it doesn't look like they got to blow last night, (looks like guns still off on webcams) that thought is right out the window, lol.

Guess Boulder is the Great White Hope for this weekend.

Was Boulder able to blow overnight. I knew the temperature wasn't gonna dip as low as forecast. Cloud cover and strong winds don't allow the radiational cooling that clear sky's and calm winds allow.