Greek Peak 16

mbike-ski

• 2 weeks later...

Wow MBike mile posts over there. So a foot is forecast for Greek peak this weekend??

Tully NY is 24 miles past Greek peak. Would you drive an extra 48 miles for a $5 lift ticket??

For just me, no. For me and two kids to save 150 or so could be worth it. Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

For just me, no. For me and two kids to save 150 or so could be worth it.

Interesting I was just looking at maps didn't realize how close Greek peak is to Syracuse. I like doing cost benefit analysis. It's cool to visually how much money your time is worth. Like the kids who camp out all night when a new chic fil A opens up as the reward for being the first 100 or so is a free combo meal a week for a year which has a value of about $350

Yeah we do irrational things sometime. I once spent 10 minutes extra in a grocery store line getting them to honor a $1 for 18 eggs deal. No way that was worth it, but when they try to not give to you the deal you thought you were getting the natural impulse is to push your point, not just accept it.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Yeah we do irrational things sometime. I once spent 10 minutes extra in a grocery store line getting them to honor a $1 for 18 eggs deal. No way that was worth it, but when they try to not give to you the deal you thought you were getting the natural impulse is to push your point, not just accept it.

I like haggling on hotel rooms...saving money is the same thing as making money. When my customers wanna wheel and deal I make concessions as I'd be a hypocrite not to since I love wheeling and dealing. One of our suppliers we do $100,000 in business with always gave us a 15% discount well now if we pay in 15 days instead of 30 days they give us a 17% discount..$2,000 a year savings by writing checks 15 days earlier is well worth it.

• 2 months later...

Had planned on "sleeping in" and skiing blue with you shitheads but the damn dog [emoji190] started barking and wanted to go out at 4:30 so I packed up the truck and headed to Greek. They got 18" or so since last weekend so got my tree jones on.. 12 tree and bump runs before lunch and beers with the famous azone and nyskiblog cornhead. Trees were sweet!

713f7703351eb601b29d2d4a40532461.jpg

Headed up the hill on the way home to get my xc on, great coverage, a bit slow but not rotten sticky

76d25e9b59fabd0f8fb8d907c2cddc43.jpg

Gotta love xc in a t!

9d1225c8105051056063ff9182191f96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Had a fun family gp weekend, the first in at least 3 year with the bad winters and the oldest in grad school.

saturday was nice (and cold) with a fresh kote of grabby snow, squalls and the mountain to ourselves and about 6,500 spartan racers. We ran into more pa folks then locals for sure, including justo's friend Tyler and a BMR family. Nearby song mountain was offering $10 tix for gp refugees. limited terrain - basically karyiatis, elysian/stoic/christies and iliad - but what was open was nice with some wales blown overnight to noodle around on for junior. no park setup which seems odd to draw out the jib honks and kiddies. it would be easy to throw a few features on whatever the little offshoot of stoic is called!? the snow got better and faster as the day went on and the fresh snow got ski'd into the base below. It was fun to watch and cheer the racers on, we heard nothing but good feedback on the event other than the cold. left around 2:30 to hit micro breweries hopshire farms and cortland beer with my daughters boyfriend while the girls did the spa. then back to trax bar at gp lodge later for a fun cover band.

sunday cold and clear, some high quality gunpow on upper iliad. decent snow, i ski'd tele most of the day to make the 3 ways down a bit more interesting until the legs gave out. a few bare spots and rocks were starting to poke through. swapped skis and did some afternoon karyiatis cruisers with non-skiing younger daughter who joined us for a few obligatory runs.

sunday night they groomed the wales into a fine corduroy carpet perfect for mixing in short radius and high speed big gs turns monday morning, especially after the sun broke the flat light around 10:30. temps rose from low 20's into the 30's quickly and we left around 1:00 when the snow started to get a little sticky.

all in all a good weekend, good snow on limited terrain, gonna need some real snow to last much longer!

At 8 days, that will likely be it for me at greek until next year unless they get a decent dump

• Like 8

all in all a good weekend, good snow on limited terrain, gonna need some real snow to last much longer!

Thats not quite what i wanted to hear, but none the less, good info.