Mountain Creek

enjoralas

• 1 month later...

http://www.nj.com/sussex-county/index.ssf/2017/05/mountain_creek_reportedly_files_for_bankruptcy_loc.html

VERNON -- The owner of the popular ski resort and waterpark, Mountain Creek Management LLC, is seeking Chapter 11 protection under the U.S. bankruptcy code.

That provision, if granted, would enable the resort to restructure its debt while maintaining daily operations, including the opening of its outdoor waterpark next month.

http://www.nj.com/sussex-county/index.ssf/2017/05/mountain_creek_reportedly_files_for_bankruptcy_loc.html

VERNON -- The owner of the popular ski resort and waterpark, Mountain Creek Management LLC, is seeking Chapter 11 protection under the U.S. bankruptcy code.

That provision, if granted, would enable the resort to restructure its debt while maintaining daily operations, including the opening of its outdoor waterpark next month.

Interesting reading.  I had no idea mountain creek is/was the old Action park of years ago.  I read something about action park last year about it being the most fun, almost dangerous water park thing in the country.  I think it was nicknamed "traction park" or something.  

Interesting reading.  I had no idea mountain creek is/was the old Action park of years ago.  I read something about action park last year about it being the most fun, almost dangerous water park thing in the country.  I think it was nicknamed "traction park" or something.  

Accurate nickname.  I only went there once as a kid and don't remember much, other than the go-carts were legit fast.

Never been but I know people who spent some time there when it was known as Traction Park. Their alpine slide was apparently one of the most brutal around for wrecks and road rash. And some of the free form concrete water slides were supposed to be out of control. There are still a few of the tamer ones of those left. Would like to get there this summer, assuming they open.

Also, this slide was A Thing there:

73f26e238152c642a12803496447ddca.jpg

• Like 1

We use to call it Class Action Park......You could drink and do pretty much do what ever you wanted to..including girls pulling there tops up...Do a You Tube search...It's pretty entertaining...

Some pretty interesting videos. Place looked legit as far as a good time. They had alot of shit to do there. Turns out they had insurance like 80% of the time too. Not too bad i guess.

• 5 months later...