Belleayre Upgrades

Ride Delaware ?

i enjoy following your facebook comments on allentown political goings on because i find it so funny they are trying to gentrify allentown

The average apartment in Allentown is $800 a month and the Strata complex they built downtown are $1200+ a month and while they sold out there are barely any actual tenants as PPL, Talon, city center corporation and the phantoms hockey team have rented out a lot of the apartments which mainly sit vacant so due tot he success of strata one they built Strata 2. Nobody is gonna move into downtown Allentown that has as the school district is pretty bad and it's only 15% white and I believe the 13th worst school district in the state out of 560 in terms of test scores. Allentown is a mess but the west end is pretty nice still.

They can try to gentrify Allentown all they want but the majority of people in this area aren't willing to or can't afford $30+ for entrees at the restaurants downtown. That's why shulas steakhouse only last 6 months

• 3 weeks later...

Bell is a state dealio, all the other ny areas always bitch they get a sweet deal because they have the lending power of new York state.

Gore and Whiteface are also state owned. Plattekill, Hunter and Windham complain.

But really only Plattekill suffers IMO, particularly because to get there from the Thruway you have to drive past Belleayre and go another 30+ minutes. As Belleayre gets bigger and better, fewer will do so. But it will never be a threat to Hunter and Windham.

“They’re stealing from one bankrupt place to prop up another bankrupt place.”

Typical government economics. Lmao

Sent from my SM-G935VC using Tapatalk

the entire A, D, C, B lines have been down in Manhattan all day today.  on my facebook feed there are like 5 people currently stuck in it...but at least they get to use free WiFi while they are stuck in the tunnels

Edited by theprogram4

If Pennsylvania wasn't so broke maybe they could buy an existing ski area or build one. If taxpayers subsidize sports arenas why not ski resorts. Pretty soon we'll all be able to write off ski equipment expenses and lift tickets on our taxes.

They already own one? Laurel Mountain... Edited by Ride Delaware ?

Isnt it that The state owns the land, but are looking for someone to run it?

I think i read about denton last year. I felt like there was alot of talk and studies as to how to put it back together, but thats all that happened. Talk and studiea. No action. Lots of managers, and no laborers....what ever you might want to call it.

Isnt it that The state owns the land, but are looking for someone to run it?

I think i read about denton last year. I felt like there was alot of talk and studies as to how to put it back together, but thats all that happened. Talk and studiea. No action. Lots of managers, and no laborers....what ever you might want to call it.

Read the link I attached. It outlines the master plan. They plan to do the same as they did for Laurel Mountain and find an operator to lease the ski operations. The same company that runs Seven Springs runs Laurel Mountain.

I've always wanted to ski Denton. Looks like a cool place in a remote area. Problem is I can be in VT in the time it takes to get to Denton.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It’s easy to afford things when you are spending other people’s money.

Belleayre is the only profitable portion of ORDA, bell got transferred from DEC into ORDA as ORDA is the Olympic group that runs whiteface and Von Hovenberg. Bell this year wasn't even in the og budget and every year prior to that various parts of the NY congress scrap together about a million bucks to keep the place running. Bell has a 75million plan since 2010 called UMP or Unit Management Plan that up until the gondy the state hadn't actually provided a nickle of. Bell due to it's proximity to NYC and other population centers particularly in comparison to Lake Placid makes it a potential gold mine. Everyone knows this and this year finally they got 8million form albany.

Think about Okemo and then compare it with say Bell, leave the mtns out I'm talking everything else that encompasses why people go to a specific place on vacation and bell doesn't hold a candle. How many people on this website of extremely avid skiers one state away have ever been to Keene Valley NY ? What about Whiteface ? NY has NYC but the rest of the state is mostly empty with very little to do in terms of work. ADK is poor, like WV poor and the skills aren't much better and the fix is simple get money into these ares, develop the tremendous potential for tourism and people will have jobs and schools won't suck and all that shit.

Let's see 1.50 a head because after all 8mil out of a 160billionish budget is a very small %, to potentially improve vast areas of the poorest parts of your state on projects that generate revenue directly back to you or I give that 1.50 back to each person, hmmm this is really tough I wonder which of the two of those one should do ? I bet there is no way that 1.50 from each person can come back to them with about x1000000 times more value like lets say having workers companies actually want to employ which among many things keeps people out of prison, off welfare, adds additional money multipliers to the overall economy etc etc

You yell endlessly to keep your $1.50 because you don't understand at all how it saves you $1000's, your one of the smartest people I know you can't tell me you don't know this rather you choose to pretend you don't.

Bell UMP if you want to know the deal - http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/permits_ej_operations_pdf/bellump4.pdf

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 1