Vail buys Stowe for $50,000,000

GrilledSteezeSandwich

I think Camelback was in the $40 million range, but this is still the steal of the century.

I can quickly see this becoming an issue with increased season pass sales overcrowding Stowe. Lots of people who travel out west and visit VT often will jump on this. They won't want to lose these people after a year, so I could see them wanting to pick up another mountain to spread the "crowds". I wouldn't be surprised if we see them make a play on Jay/Burke...

I bet Camelback generates more revenue. Between the hotel, indoor water park, outdoor water park, and skier visits. Stowe is a one trick pony. But it has some good development potential left...

Most definitely was just thinking that. Camelback does a similar amount of skier visits as Stowe..somewhere in the 400-500k per year range. I don't believe the indoor water park was part of the resort sale that was built later at a cost in the hundreds of millions.

Camelback lodge and indoor waterpark was $170 million.

I'm actually gonna stay at the Kallahari resort in April going there for a convention.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

I told you......every once in awhile I'm not a retard....sucks Stowe used to be cool pre Spruce Goose

Stowe is still cool sucks that it's farther away than Jackson hole and Colorado at least travel time and crowded and usually icy and expensive.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

How far is stowe past Lake Placid? Takes me about 6 to 6.5 hours to get to LP from the Pocs. 6 to 7 hours are usually where I'm about done. I'd like to ski there at some point.

6 hours and 35 minutes from albrightsville to Stowe Vermont. Stowe is at the same latitude as Whiteface and only about 50 miles east as the crow flies. Lake placid is at least an hour closer than Stowe...

• Like 1

Spruce Peak Lodge alone looks like a 50,000,000 property. Sounds like a "steal"

The Stowe mountain lodge, Stowe mountain club and Stowe country club isn't part of the deal. Those properties will be retained by the amount Mansfield company.

The Stowe mountain lodge and spa was $125 million to build.