Whiteface

C1erArt

Icy skiing over the weekend (although lower Mountain Run, Wilderness, Niagara headwall, and Thruway were nice. 35 inches of snow yesterday, spent the morning digging out, and hit the mountain in the afternoon. Gondola, Cloudspin and Mountain Run lifts closed, but Face Lift and Freeway lifts open. A lot of people on the slopes, most struggling with the poof like I was.

This morning after cleaning off the truck and camper roof twice yesterday. No snow on the ground Monday.

7c54db7ab1ecf2186ce2d9d10b4e4bc5.jpg

Last night, our Pilot and brother-in-law's trailer.

4a386609946299e8b9fdd1664800f19d.jpg

Actually that wasn't our Pilot, it was his F-150

• Like 1

Its a dually tank lol.

6wheel drive locking hubs?

The KOA near Whiteface was bought a couple of years ago by people that keep it open all year, so we have electric.

Not locking hubs, just standard Ford 4 (6 actually) wheel drive. With all that weight, it handles pretty well in the snow.

The only camper I've seen bigger than that one is my friends who have a big camper on the back of a ford 550

They make triple slide outs now, ours is a single, which is plenty for my wife, our dog and I.

It's worth it for all the money he saves in hotel rooms.

Sweet rigs. PM me if you nedd a Moe-tel conversion kit for your pilot.

Just Rossi 88s

You haven't seen the light yet. You could've drowned.

Edited by moe ghoul
  • Like 2

Back from Whiteface, skied 7 of 8 days with 2 travel days. After the storm on Tuesday, only the lower mountain was open on Wednesday due to high winds. Thursday the upper was open but totally not groomed, so I didn't head up. Friday Mountain Run and Skyward were groomed, but bumped up quickly, Saturday the grooming lasted longer. Top of Mountain Run was totally blown off down to ice, but the lower 3/4s and Freeway were great. Wilderness was pretty bumped, but had a groomed path down the side. Niagara and Victoria headwalls got pretty bumped after lunch. Lookout lift was running on Saturday (!) but the runs looked pretty sketchy, and a bunch of people were poaching the slides, with blind eyes from the top chair 6 lifties.

Weather was cloudless and warm on Saturday, with Mount Washington beyond Lake Champlain clearly visible from the top of Skyward on Big Whiteface. Great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5