3/17

Mess

Went to Blue for the first time in a few years and had a great time.  Snow was awesome and trails were a lot of fun.  Made a rookie mistake and parked in the upper lot.  Was pretty annoying having to use connector to get back to lodge a few times later in the day.  Bought 2 $17 tickets for myself and my son used his 4th grade pass.  Every trail was great to start the morning (9:30).  Started on Burma and realized how good conditions were so quickly moved to the black Diamonds.  Favorite trail was nightmare to Dreamweaver.  Not sure why Nightmare is a double black but it was great for my son's confidence.  He was pumped and wanted to do razors next.  He looked great on Razors and wanted to go again.  Next time down he jumps in the Moguls when we get to the bottom he says I needed to make it more challenging.

As temperature rose the soft bumps were a lot of fun.  I started to get cocky and decided to jump a mogul at the bottom of Razor back and fell.  Probably my son's favorite part of the day as he skied over and laughed at me.  

I loved skiing Blue today and was glad I got such great conditions and low crowds compared to a weekend.  I most likely will not make it up again for a while unless I can get a day off during the week.  

• Like 2