3/19..nice snow..sunny

Hey All,

I'm back from another fun session at blue mountain the true mountain. The day after the annual PASR partee is always a little anticlimatic..and I sort of craved some more mimosas even though I was still a little hungover from yesterday. Arrived at the lower lot at 7:20am and it was 28 degrees under partly sunny skies. In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Indiggio, Justo, Rose, Terry, Fritz, MBike Mike and Mrs. Snowbunski. First civilian chair was easy to get and first run on challenge was super sweet packed powder so skied that a second time right away. Then nightmare to Dreamweaver was a carpet. Switchback was pretty good and upper Main Street was the run of the day.

Around 9am the six pack had mechanical issues and was down for maybe an hour and the line for the quad got pretty long. Ran the quad a few times then took the Main Street chair which was a full corral on the Main Street side but barely any wait on the Burma side. Lazy was also pretty nice and I even skied the whole mile one time as I like the sharp left hander near the bottom. Crowds were moderate and just like yesterday lots of non season passholders taking advantage of 30% off maybe even 40% off depending on the forecast high. I surprisingly had plenty of leftover beer from yesterday but didn't have any and went to the BMDI with atomic Jeff..four plates of food and drinks was $16...

The stretch of great conditions continues. I'll prob be back up Tuesday afternoon next. We have to do mimosas again next weekend. JADIP

• Like 1

Yeah, we are pretty lucky having Blue to ski. When I first started skiing, I hated Blue. Now that's the only place around here I really want to ski. Good vibe there, too. Loved seeing everyone tailgating today, having fun in the sunshine. Not sure anyone else allows that around here.

• Like 1

Just sitting here pondering on the lift. How many other ski areas are open right this second (915 on a Sunday night)? My guess is not many. And here I am skiing nice conditions at Blue! #blessed.

I'm actually going to look that up when I get home.

So far the only other ski area on the east that I could find that was open when I posted the above is Wachusett in MA who also closes at 10 on Sunday. Some areas have shut down night operations completely.
  • Like 1

Brighton stays open until 9pm on their lighted trails.

Stephen's Pass in Washington is open until 10pm tonight but this is their last night of night skiing.

I'm done with this exercise. I need a life.

Based on my thorough analysis in which margaritas have been involved, my theory that Blue Mountain in Little Gap (not Palmerton) PA is one of a very small number of ski resorts in America open until 10pm on a Sunday night stands...way to go Blue! #blessed #bluemymind #goodnight

Edited by RidgeRacer

Heard that too today. Glad I'm not working weekend they close

Nice 14 more days of being open unless they close during the week next week. I still think they might do a bonus weekend the following weekend.

I don't think I've ever skied blue on a Sunday night.

Every other night yes. I remember doing a few double dip sessions on Saturdays

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich