Season pass early bird is over.

In my 20s I didn't make much but actually had more expenses so would use credit cards for ski trips and bars and stuff and slowly pay them off. Ran them up pretty good and paid them off in my early 30s. Now I make more money and have less expenses and the only way I can spend a little more is like last night when I paid for Root, Atomic Jeff and Tom at point Phillips hotel.

im almost maxed. and paying interest.

but thats with business start up.

What's the interest rate? I'm guessing that was mainly for equipment.

• Like 1

My UPS man told me today he bought the discounted season pass and already went 3 times this season. He told me a few months ago he hasn't gone skiing in years and wanted to get back into it. I told him about this site to try and step up recruiting efforts, maybe he'll join.

Also, add me to the club of not paying credit card companies interest. Never did once on any of my cards. I believe they call people like us "deadbeats" because they make no money off us. Hell, I charge everything I can to just get money back with the rewards.

• Like 2

For some reason they keep offering me more cards with better reward deals, notwithstanding my paying in full every month. Chase just gave me $1500 worth of ultimate reward points for taking a card with a $150 annual fee.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

For some reason they keep offering me more cards with better reward deals, notwithstanding my paying in full every month. Chase just gave me $1500 worth of ultimate reward points for taking a card with a $150 annual fee.

That's s great deal!!! Plus after you redeem the points you can cancel.

That is the plan. Keeping it for a while as the points are worth 50% more if used on travel than if redeemed for cash (worth only $1000 in cash), so going to use as much as I can for travel (hence all the vacas I have booked), then transfer the rest to my no fee Chase card.

I game CCs almost as well as I game lift tix :-)

My credit cards are set to auto-pay for the full balance each month.

Fidelity Rewards Visa for a straight up 2% unlimited cash back on everything

Chase Freedom for 5% quarterly cash back.  Gas is Q1, which is nice for the long drives skiing

Amazon Store card for 5% Amazon purchases

• Like 2

I just got a Luftansa MC to earn points because the husband and I booked a trip fall of 2018 to motorcycle through Germany, Austria and northern Italy.  Told him I would only take the long plane ride if we could business class.  Their business class seats recline into beds (what?!).   I am charging every last thing to hopefully earn enough points for the tickets by then. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

They actually had a July special with season passes for $560 now they're back up to $599 again and once a certain amount sell at that price up to $749

I just got a Luftansa MC to earn points because the husband and I booked a trip fall of 2018 to motorcycle through Germany, Austria and northern Italy.  Told him I would only take the long plane ride if we could business class.  Their business class seats recline into beds (what?!).   I am charging every last thing to hopefully earn enough points for the tickets by then.

Nice Barb I just got a United card for the same purpose and next month when I move into a hotel I'll really be able to rack up the points. I think atomic Jeff has flown first class before on Lufthansa