Skiing near Denver April 24-25

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Nice I don't ask people to drive me to the airport because I don't want to do it for them. Economy lot at philly is $14 a day. Economy lot at Newark is $18 per day but I use the parking spot which is a little cheaper and more convenient.

my brother uses the parking spot for work.  he always has a ton of discounts and stuff cause he uses it so much.  My parents have been using Winner since we were kids.  They pick you up at the airport in your own car.

Edited by theprogram4

my brother uses the parking spot for work.  he always has a ton of discounts and stuff cause he uses it so much

There's an online coupon you can print out. I like it cause they help me with my ski bag while the economy bus there's really no good place for it except in the aisles. On Frontier you really have to pay money for water and soft drinks and stuff??

There's an online coupon you can print out. I like it cause they help me with my ski bag while the economy bus there's really no good place for it except in the aisles. On Frontier you really have to pay money for water and soft drinks and stuff??

yes you have to pay for water and snacks lol.  frontier is fine for me cause i sleep like a baby on flights (airline cockpit is one of the white noise sleep aids saved on my phone).  i fall asleep within 5 minutes of taking my seat and wake up after we landed.  i got upgraded to first class once on another airline and it was annoying because they kept waking me up asking if i wanted anything.  all i wanted to do was sleep.  i had no problem with frontier but the seats are so bad I would not recommend it for more than a 2 hour flight.

Allegiant charges for bags too, but it seems more reasonable. I think it's $44 for a checked bag and that covers both ways, at least if I was reading the website correctly. It's probably who we'll be booking for our May Disney trip. Usually use Southwest out of PHL, but they are way expensive this time.

So $130 extra round trip. Would be $190 round trip for baggage for me on Frontier. No thanks even if Southwest was $500

So $130 extra round trip. Would be $190 round trip for baggage for me on Frontier. No thanks even if Southwest was $500

Agree 

I'm all about saving money and stuff, but i try not to be so stupid about it that it ruins, or disrupts what could be a good time.  Just take the essentials for a 2 day ski trip in a small carry on personal item thing?  no thanks.  Rent skis? Maybe. Rent boots?  Fuck no.  I will gladly pay the convenience tax to take another airline to make my life easier.    

• Like 1

Also another vote for Parking Spot. Love them when I am paying for parking. The online coupon makes the valet really reasonable, you drop off and pick up inside a covered garage and the shuttle is in there too. I might have to check out that winner tho, getting picked up at airport in my own car would be nice. Do you then drive their guy back or does a runner come with him?

Also another vote for Parking Spot. Love them when I am paying for parking. The online coupon makes the valet really reasonable, you drop off and pick up inside a covered garage and the shuttle is in there too. I might have to check out that winner tho, getting picked up at airport in my own car would be nice. Do you then drive their guy back or does a runner come with him?

we drive to winner and a driver hops in our car and takes us to the airport for our departing flight.  when we return they bring our car back to the airport and we hop in and go home, another employee picks up the guy at the airport.  i have no idea how much this costs, but i do know my parents have been using it forever and swear by it.  you do not have to take the employee back

Edited by theprogram4

From what I read all the major airlines will soon be introducing economy class fares where you pay extra for bags so as to compete better with Frontier et al.

Which really makes good sense, otherwise you are effectively making all pay for bags that only some need. Bundling the cost in with the fare does not make it free.

I am lucky that I tend to fit well in a wide range of boots. Might consider paying some extra for a boot bag though.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

we drive to winner and a driver hops in our car and takes us to the airport for our departing flight.  when we return they bring our car back to the airport and we hop in and go home, another employee picks up the guy at the airport.  i have no idea how much this costs, but i do know my parents have been using it forever and swear by it.  you do not have to take the employee back

You can do it both ways....just take the car, or take the driver back.  Obviously there is an upcharge for abandoning the driver at the airport.  

I am a fan of expresspark, smartpark, etc by Essington.  Park the car, shuttle to and from the airport.  its on my way to the airport, so it sort of makes more sense to me than driving past the airport, then coming back.....

i dont see why we cant all just go in on a pasr charter plane timeshare thing. buy into a plane. fly out from lvia.

If we stay locally we could take a pasr heli from lvia to our pasr timeshare condo at blue.

Ok.

the middle seat on frontier is wider than the aisle or window seats, but i prefer window cuase i have a place to rest my head while i sleep and dont have to be woken up for others to use the bathrrom

Is it tough for you to go that long without smoking a cig?? I also prefer the window seat.

Just gonna bring the "personal item" (8x14x18) they let you bring for free and rent ski gear out there.

Flying out Friday at 7pm, flying back early Monday red eye. Lightning trip, missing no work, but for $38 plus lift tix, ski rental and half a car rental it will be a fun weekend with my buddies.

Wonder if I can wear my helmet onto the plane.

eff the helmet, you wearing your boots, lol?

• Like 2

From what I read all the major airlines will soon be introducing economy class fares where you pay extra for bags so as to compete better with Frontier et al.

Which really makes good sense, otherwise you are effectively making all pay for bags that only some need. Bundling the cost in with the fare does not make it free.

I am lucky that I tend to fit well in a wide range of boots. Might consider paying some extra for a boot bag though.

You don't have a bag for you boots? I laugh at the people who just carry their boots loose on the plane.

eff the helmet, you wearing your boots, lol?

I could see Ski2Live wearing his boots on the plane to save the $35. He is afraid to spend money.

that seems to be becoming more commonplace recently

Always been a few people on flight to Jackson hole.

Ski2Live you aren't bringing your skis to Colorado?