Skiing near Denver April 24-25

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Using rental boots sounds terrible. Bringing skis is no hassle at all renting seems like more of a hassle.

Yes I have a boot bag.

No I am definitely not bringing skis with me, renting there. Cheaper to rent than to bring the skis on plane and less hassle.

Not sure if I am bringing boots or renting there.

I don't know if I've said it yet today but you're a giant gaper.

• Like 5

Yeah, pretty much :-)

But I have fun.

May well be going right from work to airport via train which adds to hassle of bringing lots of stuff.

reminds me of a season way back in the day when i had a little issue with my drivers license and took the commuter train with all my crap from new rochelle to poughkipsie a few times to ski the 'skillz  :wiggle

Going to Utah, Southwest was definitely best deal. Took my own skis, boots, plenty of clothes. I felt like Frontier nickeled and dimed you to death. i think I had to make 2 plane changes, as well. We always use Express Park North to leave our car, great service reasonable prices. I would love to use ABE airport, so much closer. Don't seem to have many flight options.

I'm sure that you researched this thoroughly already but I think frontier charges a shit ton for bags.

Yep, I am going to travel very light, going for only 2 nights. Done it before. Plan is to pay for one bag each way between two of us to bring our boots. Rent skis there.

Can't beat the timing of flights that let me fly out Friday after work and red eye back before Monday. Vacation time now at a premium as I am already taking off 9 days in April, 5 in Aug, 5 in Sept, 3 in Dec.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Ski2Live...the time you spend trying to save a dollar would be better spent making money so you didn't have to worry. Does $50 really make that much of a difference in your life?

I have bought about 40 lift tickets so far this year for a total that I expect is $500-$600, not having done the math yet. Window price would have been easily $2200.

Would that have broken the bank? No. But it is a significant chunk of change to me. It adds up

And I enjoy finding deals. Doesn't feel like work to me.

I have bought about 40 lift tickets so far this year for a total that I expect is $500-$600, not having done the math yet. Window price would have been easily $2200.

Would that have broken the bank? No. But it is a significant chunk of change to me. It adds up

And I enjoy finding deals. Doesn't feel like work to me.

But are you skiing where you wanted when you wanted?  Or are you making your decisions based on deals?  If the former, then awesome.  If the latter, then sorry.

I have deals enough places that I have been able to choose what suits each day best to a tee, depending on factors like road conditions, anticipated crowds, and whether I am skiing with kids (which makes easier places more worth skiing). Not any days this year that I wished I was skiing elsewhere.

I woukd say the two main impacts seeking out deals has had on my skiing choices are

1. Getting me to ski more to use up prepaid tix.

2. Getting me to drive further and check out areas I would not otherwise go to. That is a plus too because I enjoy checking out a variety of places more than skiing one place many many times in a season.

The one real example of 2 this year was last weekend when I went to Big Bear. It was a perfectly good place to ski with the kids, being 100% open with 30" of fresh snow and no lines at all. But I would gone somewhere closer if we did not have 4 free tix to there. Fortunately one of those free tix went to the person who did the driving :-)

Yes, it is fun to get deals. Sort of have to skiing with kids. Gets expensive.

Not sure if I would have taken a cheap flight out west for just a weekend, though. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth with the bag situation and all. I'm always tired after spending 6 or so hours flying. Let alone getting to the airport.