Awful season.

TP4 is saying this has been an awful season at Blue. I disagree. I believe it's been a better than average ski season. We had some nice long periods of cold air which got all the terrain open, had four powder days, some nice spring days, skiing over Xmas week and a late closing. What are everybody else's thoughts??

• Like 2

doug, i said awful winter and did not criticize blue.  there has been like 8 inches of snow this winter.  as far as the snowboarding season goes, i would say it has been average.  we were lucky to have some windows to make snow and be open for most of the winter.  however, the lack of cold and snow this winter could not make me rank this season too high.  i do give props to the snowmakers at blue and other mountains because despite the unusually warm winter, we got a solid length season in

Edited by theprogram4

i feel the opposite.  i only had to wear my facemask twice at blue this season and one of those days was 2 days ago lol.  i havent had to wear my glove liners at all this season.

You had to wear your facemask two days ago SMHerman? I haven't worn a face mask at all this season but have been a four layer player many days.

I didn't have to wear lower body underarmor at all this season.

If every season was like this one id be happy.

• Like 1

You had to wear your facemask two days ago SMHerman? I haven't worn a face mask at all this season but have been a four layer player many days.

I didn't have to wear lower body underarmor at all this season.

If every season was like this one id be happy.

it was more because of the wind than temperature.  wednesday was my windiest day of the season.   i expected the wind to slow me down on razors and challenge, but i dont know if i have ever been at blue and gotten slowed down by wind on trails such as lazy and switchback to the extent it was happening wednesday

the actual ski season has been good, the winter has not.  i had a great time this season and im getting more days in than usual this winter so im not complaining about blue's effort.  im complaining that it was a mild ass winter and this past week in mid march is the only time snow has been on the ground for more than a few days.

• Like 1

thanks to doug years ago referring to Big Dawg booters, i still call blue mountain booter mountain, aka the boot.  alot of people dont know that the doors riders on the storm was originally called riders on the boot and about booter mountain.  i sing it on the lift most wednesdays.  unfortunately barb green would not sign off on the samples, so jim morrison had to write an alternate version.  i prefer riders on the boot better

• Like 1