Update for closing weekend...

How did y'all score free lodging in Steamboat??

Paying about half as much for a R/T to Denver as folks pay at the window for a weekend lift ticket at Blue

It's cause you have airline vouchers...I think many of us have used vouchers before. You aren't special. I also like spending money. I'll drop $2500 easily the week I go to Colorado and if I didn't I wouldn't know what to spend my money on..not like I have to make Alimony payments.

• Like 1

How did y'all score free lodging in Steamboat??

It's cause you have airline vouchers...I think many of us have used vouchers before. You aren't special. I also like spending money. I'll drop $2500 easily the week I go to Colorado and if I didn't I wouldn't know what to spend my money on..not like I have to make Alimony payments.

when mark's grandfather passed he left a time share in NJ.  in his will it allowed for mark's parents to get it one year, then his sister the next year, then him.  fortunately, the timeshare place in NJ had a location in steamboat so he transferred the timeshare to there

when mark's grandfather passed he left a time share in NJ.  in his will it allowed for mark's parents to get it one year, then his sister the next year, then him.  fortunately, the timeshare place in NJ had a location in steamboat so he transferred the timeshare to there

Wow lucky when my grandfather passed all I got was money and when my grandma died I got her flat screen Sony.

Paying about half as much for a R/T to Denver as folks pay at the window for a weekend lift ticket at Blue

Still planning on wearing every bit of clothing on the plane that you plan on wearing for the weekend?  Still plan on renting equipment because frontier charges like $100 to take a pair of skis along?  Im not sure how you can say it will cost less than a ticket at blue when you factor in renting equipment.  Not to mention, since every decision you make seems to revolve around how you can spend less on something, it is likely that the equipment you rent so you can save a few bucks will just be the most basic, uncomfortable, shittiest gear you could possibly rent.  

I get not overpaying for something, or finding a good deal, but it seems that dictates how you go about it.  I try not to let saving a few bucks take away from having a good time.  IE - i am sure you have a book of coupons for wherever it is you may ski in CO.  But what happens if Copper is going to get a foot of fresh, while the resort you plan on buying your 2 for 1 at is going to get nothing?  From this side of the internet, i would have to say you would not pay full price for a lift ticket at the resort where the skiing will be epic, but settle for the 2 for 1 at the resort where skiing will be ok.  For me the choice would be a foot of fresh, even if i already dropped money on a 2 for 1.

FYI - dont get to excited about how much you are paying for your flight to CO.  I have paid 0$ to fly out west for the past 5 years.  That includes baggage.  I want to go to Jackson Hole next year, and i think thats going to end up costing me.  But it doesnt matter.  I want to go there.  i want to ski something new.  

• Like 3

Still planning on wearing every bit of clothing on the plane that you plan on wearing for the weekend?  Still plan on renting equipment because frontier charges like $100 to take a pair of skis along?  Im not sure how you can say it will cost less than a ticket at blue when you factor in renting equipment.  Not to mention, since every decision you make seems to revolve around how you can spend less on something, it is likely that the equipment you rent so you can save a few bucks will just be the most basic, uncomfortable, shittiest gear you could possibly rent.  

I get not overpaying for something, or finding a good deal, but it seems that dictates how you go about it.  I try not to let saving a few bucks take away from having a good time.  IE - i am sure you have a book of coupons for wherever it is you may ski in CO.  But what happens if Copper is going to get a foot of fresh, while the resort you plan on buying your 2 for 1 at is going to get nothing?  From this side of the internet, i would have to say you would not pay full price for a lift ticket at the resort where the skiing will be epic, but settle for the 2 for 1 at the resort where skiing will be ok.  For me the choice would be a foot of fresh, even if i already dropped money on a 2 for 1.

FYI - dont get to excited about how much you are paying for your flight to CO.  I have paid 0$ to fly out west for the past 5 years.  That includes baggage.  I want to go to Jackson Hole next year, and i think thats going to end up costing me.  But it doesnt matter.  I want to go there.  i want to ski something new.  

STOP BEING LOGICAL!

• Like 2

Jackson hole sucks. Go to killington. It's like Wyoming with more Boston accents.

Moral of this thread: People get grumpy when ski season ends.

Yeah and my PPSRD won't even kick in for another four days.

Did you do an in-depth 14-factor analysis of that?

Yes:

Pros of Killington...Boston accents, New Jersey accents, New York accents, an ocean a few hours away, Canada a few hours away, closer to Europe than Jackson hole.

Cons of Killington...can't think of any.

Pros of Jackson hole...can't think of any

cons of Jackson Hole..not killington, poor grooming on powder days, gondola isn't heated, easy to get sunburn.

TP4 I think it's incredibly rude bringing up people's injuries. People get hurt..it happens..sometimes they need surgery. If you're banned for that comment I'm not taking your side.

He's been banned.

I don't see him celebrating JohnnyLaw's injury. That's just negative behavior not adding anything to pasr

• Like 2

Jackson hole sucks. Go to killington. It's like Wyoming with more Boston accents.

But Jackson has discounted tickets in January!  Same cost as a ticket to Blue.  Flying there might cost me as much as a new pair of skis, but maybe i can find someone to split a hot cocoa with.  Wait, does Frontier fly to Jackson???  If you go, and i meet up with you, can you take half my baggage with you so i dont get nipped with baggage fees?  Do you think they consider skis a personal item?  They dont charge for "personal item" on Frontier.  

• Like 1

But Jackson has discounted tickets in January!  Same cost as a ticket to Blue.  Flying there might cost me as much as a new pair of skis, but maybe i can find someone to split a hot cocoa with.  Wait, does Frontier fly to Jackson???  If you go, and i meet up with you, can you take half my baggage with you so i dont get nipped with baggage fees?  Do you think they consider skis a personal item?  They dont charge for "personal item" on Frontier.

Sure my bag only weighed 30 pounds last year so I can take all your underwear, your helmet and your balaclava. Can fly frontier to Denver for free as a courier on standby..then can take a train to Salt Lake City and then a van from SLC to Jackson hole. We can stay at the hostel. No need for your own room or bathroom we can share with random people.

• Like 1