April 1-2 roll call thread!!!

Last roll call thread of the season and a rare April one. Is anybody gonna be at Blue mountain the true mountain this weekend? Hopefully the rain will clear up by 8am Saturday and looks like the sun will be shining on Sunday. It's sort of surreal that Blue is closing but it's been a long season.

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate. I actually can't wait until ski season is over so I don't have to see your dumbass posts anymore.

You are the one that posted a pic of a brown ski trail. That coupled with how much brown was there Sat before the rain raises the likelihood that I opt for CB, Elk or Belleayre this weekend.

You are the one that posted a pic of a brown ski trail. That coupled with how much brown was there Sat before the rain raises the likelihood that I opt for CB, Elk or Belleayre this weekend.

Good call!!!! Brown makes the skiing suck.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

And I don't see why I am called a Blue hater. It is the place I skied the most this year. I am just not a Blue cheerleader like you. I make an honest appraisal of 7 factors (conditions, weather, crowds, proximity, terrain, lifts, cost) when I decide where to ski each day.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

And I don't see why I am called a Blue hater. It is the place I skied the most this year. I am just not a Blue cheerleader like you. I make an honest appraisal of 7 factors (conditions, weather, crowds, proximity, terrain, lifts, cost) when I decide where to ski each day.

Do you rate the 7 factors equally??

• Like 2

The reason I bitch about blue is because I hold them to a higher standard cause I spend a lot of money there year after year. I also recommend blue to anyone who asks for PA recommendations. If I had a pass at another mountain I would bitch about them because they are getting my money

You'll be spending $749 for next years season pass if you don't hurry and lock in the $599 price.

• Like 1

Do you rate the 7 factors equally??

I would say I rate them about as follows

1. Weather (try to avoid rain, high winds or temps below 10).

2-3. Crowds and conditions

4-6. Terrain, price and proximity (but only rarely day trip further than Montage)

7. Lifts

Within eastern PA, Blue is clearly among the best for me on Lifts, Terrain and Proximity. At peak times it is the worst on Crowds which can also cause issues with Conditions. Weather and Price vary day to day and deal to deal.

I would say I rate them about as follows

1. Weather (try to avoid rain, high winds or temps below 10).

2-3. Crowds and conditions

4-6. Terrain, price and proximity (but only rarely day trip further than Montage)

7. Lifts

Within eastern PA, Blue is clearly among the best for me on Lifts, Terrain and Proximity. At peak times it is the worst on Crowds which can also cause issues with Conditions. Weather and Price vary day to day and deal to deal.

Is this real? What else do you rate? 

• Like 2

Not anything I had ever thought about in terms of an order of importance of the factors until GSS asked if I considered them all equally.

Doesn't everyone consider all those factors in deciding where to ski?

For pass holders I imagine the main difference is thst on any given day they consider price first as it is always a lot cheaper for them to ski where they have a pass than to go somewhere else.

And in considering where to buy a pass I expect proximity is a fairly major factor.

No skiing below ten degrees wow...if you need layering advice talk to Robert2

No most of us just go skiing and don't annalyze the hell out of it.

My biggest decision about skiing is figuring out if I want to drink stouts or ipa's in the lot.

My biggest decision lately was whether I want to grind up my weed ahead of time or just wing it and use my fingers to break it up lol

• Like 1

No skiing below ten degrees wow...if you need layering advice talk to Robert2

No most of us just go skiing and don't annalyze the hell out of it.

My biggest decision lately was whether I want to grind up my weed ahead of time or just wing it and use my fingers to break it up lol

#firstworldproblems