A-Basin April 22-23

Ski2Live Live2Ski

So the lodging plan changed. Now staying at Georgetown Mountain Inn. Person we were supposed to be visiting has a wife who doesn't care for visitors. Wives are way over rated.

That's better saves an ass ton of driving. I did the math and you were looking at a total of about 9 hours of driving in 48 hours and I didn't even drive that much out there in a week. Now you get to drive over Loveland pass as well which is an awesome drive.

I also hate staying at people's houses..I have to worry about leaving skid marks on the toilet bowl and being considerate and shit. I love hotels...I also like diners, drive inns, dives, dancing and trains.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Yeah I am happy about the change. It was more my travel mate that wanted to stay with his friend. Less driving works for me. And sleeping at 8k should make it easier to adapt to altitude and get earlier start. Plus paid for hotel with credit card points and has an outdoor hot tub.

Already bought my afternoon ticket for Sat before the lodging plan changed. That's fine. Gotta deal with ski rental in AM and not gonna check into hotel before 2 am. Will get an early start on Sunday.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Yeah I am happy about the change. It was more my travel mate that wanted to stay with his friend. Less driving works for me. And sleeping at 8k should make it easier to adapt to altitude and get earlier start. Plus paid for hotel with credit card points and has an outdoor hot tub.

What elevation is your buddy's friends house at?? I slept at 8700 feet in Silverthorne. Had a little headache but cured that with natural herbal remedies.

Figure I will pay the extra $ to rent at AB so if there is any issue with equip they can deal with it there, though I could save some $ doing it closer to hotel.

Hope it doesn't kill my reputation.

Always better to rent at the ski area in case there are issues. Your reputation will actually improve if you post a nice report. This time of year reports are few and far between so they are much appreciated.

• Like 1

Your rep decreased a bit when you said wives are overrated.

Truth!!! lol Yachty can't have no wife https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1WRpCsR2EE

2-Pac and I love all the mamas and wives https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XW--IGAfeas remember we all came from a woman got our name from a woman got our game from a woman.

• Like 2

Got 10 great runs in in my PM ticket. Day 28 was my best skiing of the year so far, and first non east coast skiing in 10 years. Focused mostly on the glades runs on the bottom part as the air up top was a bit thin for me on day 1, but rode every major lift at least once. Was bummed I only got one run in Zuma bowl as that closed at 315, but did get on the bonus 4:05 express lift to end the day and will be back for more tomorrow. Also enjoyed some hiking and hot tub. Heading back for a full day tomorrow.

post-12908-0-77888600-1492915496_thumb.jpg

post-12908-0-09672000-1492915574_thumb.jpg

post-12908-0-07154700-1492915682_thumb.jpg

post-12908-0-59109800-1492915737_thumb.jpg

• Like 7