A-Basin April 22-23

Ski2Live Live2Ski

After skiing Sunday we we took a hike around Red Rocks (did not go into see Snoop) and went out to dinner. Did a bunch of hiking on Sat too.

Did not do any of the double black stuff. But tried most other stuff there. Zuma bowl, Lenawee face, and the glades runs like Tbolt and Gulch were my favs.

Sat was a half day ticket for $47. Sun was $46 as I took advantage of a BOGO deal I was offered.

Wound up renting off site because the shop near the hotel offered me demo rentals for Sunday to pick up Sat AM, making it $35 for the whole weekend to rent and the wider skis than what I use in the east were better both for the fresh stuff on sat and the slush later on Sun.

Pretty easy weekend trip with no work missed. Expect I will do it again sometime next year if this flight schedule continues.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

18" new at Abasin since you were there. I'm strongly considering going back soon.

Do a weekend. Fly in late friday night. Maybe throw boots in a carry on from somebody else on your flight. Share a hotel room. Hitchhike to save money. Rent performance skis. Ski Saturday afternoon. Ski sunday. Red eye home. 

Should cost around $5.37

• Like 1

Do a weekend. Fly in late friday night. Maybe throw boots in a carry on from somebody else on your flight. Share a hotel room. Hitchhike to save money. Rent performance skis. Ski Saturday afternoon. Ski sunday. Red eye home.

Should cost around $5.37

OMG Toast I'm laughing so hard...if I flew in late Friday night I wouldn't wait until Saturday afternoon to ski. Are there any hostels near Abasin. I don't need a whole room just a bed.

Here's a video from yesterday at A bay bay.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FjKfmfZ_faw

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich