RIP epicski.

So without much knowledge of epicski or investigating the matter further, they are shutting it down because the forum software is no longer available? Couldn't they find another platform for it or is this not the issue?

Sounds like a good excuse to shut it down. Maybe that can happen here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Basically, Wikia bought Huddler. Huddler is no longer doing forums. The transition would have cost Vail money. Vail never really wanted the forums, they wanted the name Epic being under their Epic umbrella. They let the forums exist until it meant money. A huge number of content posters had already moved to pugski and although tuning and instruction content was probably still better on Epic, the equipment content was better on Pugski. So, many were on both. Which meant Epic was losing increasing ground. What I was seeing was more activity on Pugski, even though lurking levels were very high on Epic. But it had to mean decreasing ad revenue. Faced with the hassle and cost of a move to a new platform, they bagged it. It would have been nice to have had more notice FROM SOMEONE. All that content will be gone. 18 years worth.

• Like 4

Sounds like a good excuse to shut it down. Maybe that can happen here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn it, that better not happen.

I agree with Sib. I'm sure they knew for quite some time this was coming. They should have gave everyone enough notice that wants to save their pics etc. Less then a weeks time is not adequate notice.

Edited by skifreak

I'm surprised that any of these chatboards are still around with the advent of FB and social media. I'd venture to say that postings are down in general because of it.

Teton gravity forums and Alpinezone forums seem active. PASR is way different than social media and most of the active posters here are OGs

• Like 1

Teton gravity forums and Alpinezone forums seem active. PASR is way different than social media and most of the active posters here are OGs

Yeah, but even on TGR the number of posts seem less than 5 years ago, fewer new peeps contributing. I barely post over there anymore. Maybe a few times a week. Haven't been on AZ in a long time.

Moe are you on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Friendster, MySpace, Google plus or classmates.com??

Limited Facefuckery, I rarely post and maintain about ~30 friends. I don't do any of the other media. I signed up for FB to get discount lift tix from places like Plattekill. I keep my page on Private.

Limited Facefuckery, I rarely post and maintain about ~30 friends. I don't do any of the other media. I signed up for FB to get discount lift tix from places like Plattekill. I keep my page on Private.

I like Facebook. I have about 750 friends on there most of them I know personally or knew at one point in Lyfe. I mainly like it because I'm a snoop so like to look into other people's lives. I've also used it to meet girls a few times. Years ago I name dropped Nazareth Jay with some Nazareth girl on the book to get a date.

TGR circa 2005 and now are two totally different places, it's still cool and light years better than the barking bears but pre skimag article, TGR was the funnest.

• Like 1

did skimag blow up the spot?

I don't remember what mag but in like 07/08 they wrote some article about how TGR was cool and that was the beginning of the end. Mad new heads that were mostly cool but previously it was pretty tight knit and people understood their roles in the fuckery. Regardless a bunch of the og tards disappeared and the quality just was never the same.

Pre it was the kinda place where when some dude ripped off another dude over a ski purchase a third dude went to said scammer's house and took skis off the dudes porch sent them to the dude that got ripped off and told the scammer he would get them back when he completed the original transaction. 

This is the entire internet but the trolling went from clever and funny to mostly just forced bullshit.

Sad to see. Epic ski was the first ski board I signed up for and posted on a few years to before PASR. Did a Killington trip about 10 years ago and skied with philpug and trekchick (? ) and a few others. That was fun. Hard core skiers on that site.

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

• Like 1