Stupid ski area ideas...

Ski

We collectively bashed JF/BB for their new policy of having to validate season passes daily, which is still the worst idea ever...

But props to BB for the all-balls-out snowmaking they've been doing. When I pulled in, I thought there was no way it was really open. Guns were blasting every slope, top to bottom. But they did a great job of strategically aiming the guns just high enough to allow for passable visibility, even though they were dumping some of that new snow into the woods.

And, Sno Mountain skiers: those guns were from the same company (SMI) that is overhauling our mountain's system :rock

Lasty, props again for the ticket pricing for little kids:

"6 & under FREE SnoPass Lift Ticket ONLY with paying adult."

The only reason I'm making the trip back down tonight and paying $27 to ski is because of that policy. I'd have to pay $22 for Ty to ski Camelback tonight (if they were open).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the season pass validation/lift ticket thing is hands down the biggest pain in the ass i will ever encounter when trying to go ski. it took me almost half an hour to get my pass last night, how long is it going to take to get a lift ticket every time i wanna go ski up there?

the season pass validation/lift ticket thing is hands down the biggest pain in the ass i will ever encounter when trying to go ski. it took me almost half an hour to get my pass last night, how long is it going to take to get a lift ticket every time i wanna go ski up there?

Wait? You have a pass to BB? whaaaat?

if i remember correctly from when this idea was released, you dont get a true lift ticket, you just go to a passholders window so they can verify the person using the pass is you. So i would assume everyone has to go.

Edited by Oakley21

I got a VIP pass, which you don't have to get lift tickets, you go directly to the slope. Evidently they didn't explain this well to the lift attendants and there must be confusion for them. I got stopped tonight and they told me I had to still get a lift ticket :pissed, even though it is a VIP pass . After a short, polite conversation and explaining that I didn't pay $100 more to have to get lift tickets each day, I was allowed to continue onto the lift and didn't even get an apology. Other than that, everything was great.

Edited by bigdaddyk

with the seasons pass, they give you a card with your name on it, and your picture.. you have to go to the ticket window and get a lift ticket everytime you go to the mt... and you personally can only get yours.. you cant just got up and get 4 for you and your buddys.. they have to swipe your card to validate your pass and give you an actually lift ticket..

its a pain but BB has a special window just for pass holders.. i mean it really isnt all that bad

I got a VIP pass, which you don't have to get lift tickets, you go directly to the slope. Evidently they didn't explain this well to the lift attendants and there must be confusion for them. I got stopped tonight and they told me I had to still get a lift ticket :pissed, even though it is a VIP pass . After a short, polite conversation and explaining that I didn't pay $100 more to have to get lift tickets each day, I was allowed to continue onto the lift and didn't even get an apology. Other than that, everything was great.

Does your pass look any different from the non VIP ones?

with the seasons pass, they give you a card with your name on it, and your picture.. you have to go to the ticket window and get a lift ticket everytime you go to the mt... and you personally can only get yours.. you cant just got up and get 4 for you and your buddys.. they have to swipe your card to validate your pass and give you an actually lift ticket..

its a pain but BB has a special window just for pass holders.. i mean it really isnt all that bad

You don't have to validate your pass or get tickets, with the VIP pass. The only downfall is that it is more expensive. I figured for the amount of times that I go, it would be worth it for me because I'm too impatient/ lazy.

tru-dat...Is it just me or does waiting 5 minutes in a ticket line always seem like 45 minutes...nothing like walking right from the car to the lift..do not pass go..do not collect 200 dollars..just freakin ski...lift ticket wicks are for gapers..

haha yeah but they do have a window just for pass holders so its not as bad as you think.. and the lift tickets have your name on em! haha

QUOTE(MCskiALOT @ Dec 6 2006, 10:32 PM) post_snapback.gif

tru-dat...Is it just me or does waiting 5 minutes in a ticket line always seem like 45 minutes...nothing like walking right from the car to the lift..do not pass go..do not collect 200 dollars..just freakin ski...lift ticket wicks are for gapers..

haha yeah but they do have a window just for pass holders so its not as bad as you think.. and the lift tickets have your name on em! haha

They all have MCskiALOT's name on them?........ sorry, it's corny but I couldn't resist :tinfoil:

Edited by bigdaddyk

It's not just the PITA ticket validation that bugs me. I don't like the fact that my full name is printed in big bold letters. And if I had kids, that would bother me even more. IF ANYONE AT BOULDER IS READING THIS, PLEASE PRINT A PASS NUMBER INSTEAD OF THE PERSONS NAME.... hell, just ditch the validation and get a hand scanner for lift attendants like MC has.

It's not just the PITA ticket validation that bugs me. I don't like the fact that my full name is printed in big bold letters. And if I had kids, that would bother me even more. IF ANYONE AT BOULDER IS READING THIS, PLEASE PRINT A PASS NUMBER INSTEAD OF THE PERSONS NAME.... hell, just ditch the validation and get a hand scanner for lift attendants like MC has.

first of all.. i dont recall MC having hand scanners... blue mt on the other hand does! and for your home mtn its JFBB.. not BBJF

are they actually checking tickets this year? i think over the past 10 years or so, i have had my pass checked at the lift a maximum of five times a year.

Jordan

they didnt check my ticket once! and my ticket is attached to the belt loop of my pants so its always hidden under my jacket.. so yeah never got mine checked