BB Park Vs. Blue Park

MCRX

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ with BB's park now compared to blue's last year. In its prime, I'd have to say blue took that hands down. Lots of booters, including the big-mofo, season ender, 70ft one. Also their jibs were pretty nice as well. They had a complete top to bottom terrain park packed with features, with two options to come down, either lower sidewinder or the terrain park off shuttle. With their widening, it should be even better later this season.

BB has been blessed with the jiblab guys preseason so that explains their nice jibs. But blue still has the same quality....infact, I think between BC, Blue, and jfbb, all the jibs are built exactly the same. BB has also had much more luck with snowmaking too...and they also spread out their jibs on pretty much every trail.

Blue's park right now is HORRIBLE. Even if we had enough snow come around is really no place for a terrain park. In the beginning part, its way too steep and doesn't flow like a park should. Even still there is no room. Pretty soon that jump will be a crappy roller, and they might take out that one gap on box because there is a serious lack of snow.

Ive been talking to big boulder's park crew and they still have alot of stuff up their sleeves. Just wait till they get their big park open... its gonna be insane. I got two words for everyone....channel gap. And i dunno about blues jib's, it seems like they have all the right ideas but they still go with the kind of circus style, at least from what i saw last year and a couple of the new things from this year. They do have some good stuff though like that new high flat box they have out right now, they need more of that stuff. But BB and BC's jibs are very similar which is very good b/c they both have top level shit.

What about the jumps?? where else in PA can you do this!!!!!

DSCN8372.jpg

I'm not arguing for or against any park at this point. I think given the weather they all blow. However, I've seen 4 different people pull inverted tricks on the jump in blue's park, and I've only been to blue 3 times. So I'm not really sure what you are getting at here?

I'm not going to lie...I did see a few people go inverted off that "jump" at Blue Mountain this year. But...Boulder has WAY better quality jumps, and I'm sure they're just going to keep getting better.

I can't agree or disagree, given i haven't been to BB... i was just a bit confused what that pic had anything to do with.

I like how everyone's comparing Big Boulder's park to a park that ISN'T EVEN OPEN YET. Yeah, boulder has had better luck weather-wise for snowmaking, but then again look at the acerage. Boulder has A LOT less area to cover. Add that to the fact that they have high-output fanguns on most of the mt, it's no wonder that they have the better snow. At blue, there's actually mountain to cover, which unfortunately comes first. A lot of people are complaining about come around, but what can we do? I've been to blue 17 days, and i'm still having fun in that park. But anyway, sidewinder should be a lot better this year. There's more drive than ever to get the park in top notch shape, and i have no doubt that it'll be a blast. Big boulder's also a blast. Everyone looks at terrain parks from a competition aspect. You have to look at them for what they are- not what they aren't. If you go into something with a negative attitude, it'll suck. Make the best of what you have. Look foward towards the differences. If every mountain was the same, what fun would that be?

As far as the jib quality at blue... The rails/boxes may not look as nice as the jibs at creek or boulder, but the construction is solid. Through my summer hikes at blue, scoping out the rails and everything, be assured that whoever's making them is doing a great job.

Blue's jibs cant touch BB or BC's

BC's are mad nice

Who ever said they did, or were even relatively trying to?

blue mountains park sucks. BB is sick we cant compare bear yet because of the weather and the fact that we arent even open..... but is rail jam they are having ill have more fun at then when blues park is completely set up. they need to learn how to build better jibs... lose to the square rails use circle rails so much better. that bus is really gay too they probaly dont even know how to set it up.

blue mountains park sucks. BB is sick we cant compare bear yet because of the weather and the fact that we arent even open..... but is rail jam they are having ill have more fun at then when blues park is completely set up. they need to learn how to build better jibs... lose to the square rails use circle rails so much better. that bus is really gay too they probaly dont even know how to set it up.

the bus probably will suck. i just hope it is better then your writing skills. :confused

edit: btw, tp4... purple air blaster and a clay aiken avatar. you trying to tell us something, haha?

Edited by jibophonic

i was just a bit confused what that pic had anything to do with.

It was simple. show me pics with jumps or inverts from blue. show me pics of the jibs.. want pics of jibs at BB?

I like how everyone's comparing Big Boulder's park to a park that ISN'T EVEN OPEN YET.

that is the whole point. I just want to get the word to everyone who wants to ride a park NOW.... that there is one. that is all

Ah men. all last year when i would go to blue i would just get really frustrated because i saw alot of stupid things. like why are blues jibs always on a mound of snow? just build a kicker up to the rail and keep it flat, thats progression friendly. blues booters really werent that good and i always felt that the park didnt have a flow to it.

boulder this year was the best time in a park ive had in a long time. nice flow, fun features. bear creeks park was tons better then blues ever was, and that was even while dodging bare spots and hitting rocks a few weeks ago.

blue just seems like they cant ge the proportions right on their ramps and rail setups. also, im not going to go to a mountain just for booters. hype them up all you want, but i want quality rails and quality jumps so i can progress in both aspects of my riding, not just one.

boulder and bear for lyfe yo what what?!?!

Hey guys, blue's blowing a lot of snow. Pretty soon we'll have sidewinder opened up. But on a serious note of things, maybe this stair system will prove to be a great idea this season. That way we can have all of the rails and hits manicured... and have them stay that way.