Jackson hole 1/24-2/1...2017

Having an incredible time today. Waiting for Tram right now. Me and atomic Jeff think MBike Mike, Indiggio and Tarponhead would have an incredible time here due to all the bumps and tree skiing and also the classic hippie music. I'll post a few pics while I have a second.

Our 26 year local friend skied the first hour and a half with us and we skied Mach looney speeds on many groomers. Sunny up high and frozen fog below. Great times!!! Boots feel awesome always do by day three. post-512-0-37646700-1485545800_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-37646700-1485545800_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-06214700-1485545908_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

January 27th 2017...day 3 of 7

Today was a good one for sure and like any day in the lyfe of GSS hilarity ensued. Today began with a frigid walk to the bagel place in -15 temperatures to get me and atomic Jeff bacon egg and steeze bagel sangs, OJ and a double shot of espresso so I could get caffeined up without the hassle of drinking 16 ounces of coffee. We took the town bus to the mountain again and were on the first civilian gondola with out local buddy Dennis, a couple from Idaho...and a recent transplant from sunny Miami beach. First run on amphitheater was great cord. At the bottom of the thunder chair we joined Dennis and then hit up an immaculate grand and Dennis said we hit something like high 60mph according to his app..then we hit up Bivoac which had been groomed to rendezvous trail back to the Sublette chair hot on his tails and I think I even passed him on the cat track but I have like 50 pounds on him.

Back up Sublette and had the groomer run of the trip hitting a rarely groomed ten sleep bowl to cirque to amphitheater and Dennis had no chance in hell of catching me and he was saying how great it was to ski with people who can actually ski..gosh I can barely whirlybird so he was probably talking about atomic Jeff. Then we went back up Sublette and hit Laramie bowl and went Mach looney down that...woo and Dennis said he hit 83mph which I don't believe but prob around 68-70mph down to thunder lift and had a fun run over to the Teton lift where me and Dennis took turns creatively passing each other involving tucking and scorching and laying weight on tails and short cuts whatever works. I love that as we're both competitive people. We lost atomic Jeff as he went to the Casper lift instead of the Teton lift but caught up with him the next run as we were blasting down kemmerer which is one of the steepest groomers ever and one of the few that I'm not comfortable letting it run and had to slow down a few times. Back up Teton lift again said goodbye to Dennis as he had a hot yoga class at 1215 in town and then went down to the tram with a stop to make some yellow snow.

I stopped and bought an orange Gatorade at the store at the bottom of the Tram only $3 for a 20 ounce which is an absolute bargain and we had a one tram wait of 10 minutes and got prime spots on the tram so I wasn't in some 6'5 dudes armpit. At the top took a few pictures went down rendezvous bowl which was meh kind of stiff and standing for ten minutes in line and another ten minutes in the tram had my foot feeling some type of way. Then down Bivoac which was a bit skied off to rendezvous trail back to Sublette. Up Sublette and down ten sleep bowl to the cirque to amphitheater to the thunder chair. Then up thunder down upper amphitheater then nez perce which is a gravity traverse over to Casper area to the Casper chair then up Casper chair where a photographer motioned us where to ski so then we skied by photographer so maybe have a picture to check out later I think the number was 51 just for reference so I can check it out online then Jackson face which was all bumps down to the mangy moose for chili, slice of pizza, double Jack and Coke and Long Island ice tea. Then grabbed a 22 ounce IPA for the 3pm hotel bus..had the rosa parks seat in the bus. Drank beer chatted with dude from beautiful Fort Lauderdale oh yeah and somewhere in there fell ass over teakettle outside the mangy moose. Everyday here is fucking great. Doesn't have to be sunny or powder day. Jackson hole is just a great place to ski.

JADIJH

post-512-0-96173000-1485557600_thumb.jpeg

post-512-0-36233200-1485557781_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-11577600-1485557843_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

I've never flown out of Newark. What's better about Philadelphia?

How far are you from Newark and how far are you from philly??? Newark is better for southwest flights direct to Denver. Parking is way more at Newark than Philly I believe $18 a day onsite economy vs $11..also more United flights out of Newark...comparing Newark and philly airports is like six of one and a half a dozen of the other. Drive time to either airport for me coming from Allentown is within 10 minutes either way.

Having an incredible time today. Waiting for Tram right now. Me and atomic Jeff think MBike Mike, Indiggio and Tarponhead would have an incredible time here due to all the bumps and tree skiing and also the classic hippie music. I'll post a few pics while I have a second.

Our 26 year local friend skied the first hour and a half with us and we skied Mach looney speeds on many groomers. Sunny up high and frozen fog below. Great times!!! Boots feel awesome always do by day three. attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

One of these years you're gonna see me out there so you & Jeff can show me around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

January 27th 2017...day 3 of 7

Today was a good one for sure and like any day in the lyfe of GSS hilarity ensued. Today began with a frigid walk to the bagel place in -15 temperatures to get me and atomic Jeff bacon egg and steeze bagel sangs, OJ and a double shot of espresso so I could get caffeined up without the hassle of drinking 16 ounces of coffee. We took the town bus to the mountain again and were on the first civilian gondola with out local buddy Dennis, a couple from Idaho...and a recent transplant from sunny Miami beach. First run on amphitheater was great cord. At the bottom of the thunder chair we joined Dennis and then hit up an immaculate grand and Dennis said we hit something like high 60mph according to his app..then we hit up Bivoac which had been groomed to rendezvous trail back to the Sublette chair hot on his tails and I think I even passed him on the cat track but I have like 50 pounds on him.

Back up Sublette and had the groomer run of the trip hitting a rarely groomed ten sleep bowl to cirque to amphitheater and Dennis had no chance in hell of catching me and he was saying how great it was to ski with people who can actually ski..gosh I can barely whirlybird so he was probably talking about atomic Jeff. Then we went back up Sublette and hit Laramie bowl and went Mach looney down that...woo and Dennis said he hit 83mph which I don't believe but prob around 68-70mph down to thunder lift and had a fun run over to the Teton lift where me and Dennis took turns creatively passing each other involving tucking and scorching and laying weight on tails and short cuts whatever works. I love that as we're both competitive people. We lost atomic Jeff as he went to the Casper lift instead of the Teton lift but caught up with him the next run as we were blasting down kemmerer which is one of the steepest groomers ever and one of the few that I'm not comfortable letting it run and had to slow down a few times. Back up Teton lift again said goodbye to Dennis as he had a hot yoga class at 1215 in town and then went down to the tram with a stop to make some yellow snow.

I stopped and bought an orange Gatorade at the store at the bottom of the Tram only $3 for a 20 ounce which is an absolute bargain and we had a one tram wait of 10 minutes and got prime spots on the tram so I wasn't in some 6'5 dudes armpit. At the top took a few pictures went down rendezvous bowl which was meh kind of stiff and standing for ten minutes in line and another ten minutes in the tram had my foot feeling some type of way. Then down Bivoac which was a bit skied off to rendezvous trail back to Sublette. Up Sublette and down ten sleep bowl to the cirque to amphitheater to the thunder chair. Then up thunder down upper amphitheater then nez perce which is a gravity traverse over to Casper area to the Casper chair then up Casper chair where a photographer motioned us where to ski so then we skied by photographer so maybe have a picture to check out later I think the number was 51 just for reference so I can check it out online then Jackson face which was all bumps down to the mangy moose for chili, slice of pizza, double Jack and Coke and Long Island ice tea. Then grabbed a 22 ounce IPA for the 3pm hotel bus..had the rosa parks seat in the bus. Drank beer chatted with dude from beautiful Fort Lauderdale oh yeah and somewhere in there fell ass over teakettle outside the mangy moose. Everyday here is fucking great. Doesn't have to be sunny or powder day. Jackson hole is just a great place to ski.

JADIJH

image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nice pics.

Full town bus today. Saturday's are when the groms and 9-5ers hit the hill. Warmer in town this AM...zero vs -15 yesterday. In the teens already go high with a cloud layer...mid mountain. Mad inversion yo!!!!

Gonna be a good one!!!

Ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks toast!!! Did you remember to take your Midol today??? I'll buy you a variety pack of Tampons when I get back to PA!!!