Reality Show at Blue

trimreaper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At JAckson Hole mountain resort..they warn that you first get a warning for skiing fast in slow skiing zzones and the second time you get your ticket clipped..but I bomb through the slow zones and have never had an issue..

Blues patrol is just uber strict and most of them are low intermediate skiers at best.

nothing beats bears patrolers... they blow snow in an interstersecting trail with trees it in so it is like a east tree run it is really gay but anyways bear patrolers block it off so people can't ride it

what a waste of snow

I can see it now, "Patroller to base.. We got a poacher with possible drug possession. I could use some reinforcements.. Oh damn it, Im in pursuit, Im going to need a trail block on Lower Sidewinder." Base responds, "The block is set but he's coming in fast. He just inverted over our block that we had set on the landing of the jump. Men, break out the armoured sleds."

haha

The ski patrol are rather heroic at Blue Mountain. This one patroller basically had an origasm for writing a friend of mine up for an accidental invert... My buddy caught his back edge on a bs 360 and flipped almost back on his feet and the patroller had a field day with it. The riders and skiiers with the most control doing their everyday thing are the ones that get in trouble, but patrollers ski right past the kids that can barely ride Burma that are in the park using the landings as a bench. Its rediculous.

I heard that Blue has one of the highest injury rates in the country though. Not sure if thats entirely true but I imagine that is relevant to this whole reality show thing. I saw the cameras out too and I was quite confused but this post cleared that up.

I heard that for last season Blue Mountain had THE MOST injuries out of any mountain in the country, which is why they've chosen to even come to Blue in the first place.

I'm going to Blue next weekend! I want to be on TV! :lol:

what? I am feeling a gaper day coming on.

Their database really only matters if you are a season pass holder. Its not like you are going to be banned from buying lift tickets there, they don't take any information when you buy one, so as long as you don't want to buy a pass who cares.

The underlying problem is that you have a bunch of skiers and riders as ski patrol who aren't as good as the people they are pulling over so they don't understand that it is under control. When I worked at a ski shop you found out that if you wanted to find out how good someone was, you ask how many days a year they go or where they ski or how long they have been skiing. If you ask someone if they ski fast, everyone answers yes regardless of if they do or not because in their mind, it is the fastest they have ever gone so it was fast. It is not until you get to the point where you can just go straight down trails like Razors, never make a turn, and say ok I could not have possibly gone any faster than that, that you truely understand what fast is. So these guys can't do that, and think that because it would be out of control for them to go as fast as guys we are going, we are in fact out of control. Same thing in the park. They don't understand what its like to roll into a jump where you can't see the landing or you are spinning and end up inverted, because they can't do it. So it looks like we're out of control or being stupid, when its not. And of course its Blue mountain so they dont listen to the customers at all. So the mountain ends up pissing off the best people there while not making the place ANY safer. In an area with so much competition, all but the most local people are just going to go elsewhere.

And of course its Blue mountain so they dont listen to the customers at all. So the mountain ends up pissing off the best people there while not making the place ANY safer. In an area with so much competition, all but the most local people are just going to go elsewhere.

yeah thats actually not true.

its from the makers of that... doesnt mean that it will be on those channels.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...3cbb45d52e4a486

You guys said it was from the producers of the Real World... well the producers of the Real World are developing a ski patrol show for TruTV... I can't imagine the makers of the Real World developing more than one of these shows.

SKI PATROL (working title)- This exciting, character-driven series from

Bunim/Murray Productions (The Real World) gets viewers up close and

personal with the men and women who work in some of the most extreme

environments in the country. They do everything from dynamiting

snowdrifts and performing daring out-of-bounds rescues to busting unruly

snowboarders looking to party on the slopes.

SKI PATROL (working title)- This exciting, character-driven series from

Bunim/Murray Productions (The Real World) gets viewers up close and

personal with the men and women who work in some of the most extreme

environments in the country. They do everything from dynamiting

snowdrifts and performing daring out-of-bounds rescues to busting unruly

snowboarders looking to party on the slopes.

sounds like Blue to me...

I think they missed some great footagew today when Doug, Bob, and I had to collect the ski patrollers skis when he ate shit on challenge en route to a rescue situation... (I'm not baggin in the patroller here as I'm sure he was just trying to control the sled and had the victim he was en route to more on his mind than actually skiing down to him.... just saying they missed some good footage..)

No they didn't... while that drama was going on they were getting some great footage of a family putting on their gear, fixing their scarves, etc. That poor family was gerbalized by the film crew for like a hour. They guys kept saying "straighten her scarf" and "bend down and check you kid's binding". This show is going to be captivating. Or maybe riveting. Or maybe gay. It could go either way.

No they didn't... while that drama was going on they were getting some great footage of a family putting on their gear, fixing their scarves, etc. That poor family was gerbalized by the film crew for like a hour. They guys kept saying "straighten her scarf" and "bend down and check you kid's binding". This show is going to be captivating. Or maybe riveting. Or maybe gay. It could go either way.

It would go both ways!? :o