Camelback change at the Top!

johnnypowder

from Saminfo.com....

-------

BREAKING NEWS NEWS ARCHIVE

CHARLES BLIER TO HEAD CAMELBACK

February 14, 2008

SAM Magazine--Tannersville, Pa., Feburary 13, 2008--Starting last week, Charles Blier became the new GM and Executive VP at Camelback Ski Area, which also runs Camelbeach water park. Blier replaces long-time GM Rich Wiseman.

Blier will help oversee a 400-room development that will include a three-acre indoor water park. The fifth floor of the development will be made up of fractional ownership units as part of a private club. In addition, the area is adding more summertime attractions on the hill, such as zip lines and Mountaincoasters.

-------

Charles was most recently VP and GM at Mtn Creek.

Charles Bleir Bio info from zoominfo.com

not suggesting this is good or bad, simply passing on the info that came my way!

Yuck, I've been a season pass holder at Mountain Creek for the 5 years UNTIL this year. The UNTIL part is because I finally got fed up with their crap and took my money to PA, even if it is twice as far for me.

Seeing how poorly Mountain Creek was run, this can only be a step down. There has never been 1 thing Mountain Creek did that made me say "hmm thats a good decision". From how badly they make snow, how bad their lodge is cleaned, how they groom, how they decide to roll out terrain, how they decide to open and close lifts, to how they keep giant corralls up when there is NO ONE there, everything Mountain Creek ever did screamed "don't care about the customer" to me. That sucks for Camelback, hopefully things won't change too much.

Edited by Method9455

everything Mountain Creek ever did screamed "don't care about the customer" to me. That sucks for Camelback, hopefully things won't change too much.

well it sounds like he will fit in quite nicely then. I was ready to yelll a big woot. Often when I questioned stuff in the past at CB, I heard "well that because Wiseman wants it that way" or something along those lines.

Yuck, I've been a season pass holder at Mountain Creek for the 5 years UNTIL this year. The UNTIL part is because I finally got fed up with their crap and took my money to PA, even if it is twice as far for me.

Seeing how poorly Mountain Creek was run, this can only be a step down. There has never been 1 thing Mountain Creek did that made me say "hmm thats a good decision". From how badly they make snow, how bad their lodge is cleaned, how they groom, how they decide to roll out terrain, how they decide to open and close lifts, to how they keep giant corralls up when there is NO ONE there, everything Mountain Creek ever did screamed "don't care about the customer" to me. That sucks for Camelback, hopefully things won't change too much.

I agree with method. I too vowed three years ago never to go back to MC because it was so poorly run.

We're so screwed! :angry:

• 2 months later...

Not that anybody really cares but Rich Wiseman just landed as President of Bromley, VT.

AND the guy who was President even took a "demotion" so that Rich could step in.

----------------

BROMLEY SHUFFLES EXECUTIVE DECK

May 2, 2008

SAM Magazine

• 2 months later...

Charles Blier will be the final demise of Camelback. He's known as the hatchet man, he dosn't give a shit about his employees or guests in any way shape or form. His whole purpose is cut backs, cut backs, cut backs, raise profits for owners and get himself a nice bonus at the end of the year. Camelbeach this year is a prime example of it, charging for parking, charging to have a picnic lunch in a tent in the parking lot, charging for all sorts of little extras within the park its ridicules. I can only imagine the winter will be worse.

For the most part Rich knew what he was doing as GM and we didn't realize what we had until he was gone and now he is working up at Bromley, VT. Rich argued with some of the changes Art wanted to make and god forbid you tell a rich spoiled kid "NO", so when Rich's contract expired he was given the boot. Unfortunately the owner of Camelback has no business sense nor does his partner. They both had all of their business opportunities handed to them on a silver platter by their fathers who were successful businessmen. Unfortunately they operate by greed and not for the long term good of their business.

I was once a dedicated CB employee and rider but I will never again give them a cent of my time or money. I will be purchasing my seasons pass at JFBB this year and never look back.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

^^^ well then, welcome to JFBB! It's been pretty recognizable that they are targeting the once or twice a year weekend visitor. Seems like the trend is continuing. It will be interesting to see how they counter the high costs of fuel that their clients spend to get there, if they do at all.

Sales are super stagnant at 4 seasons and week long rentals for next season are saturated (3rd hand info)

Yeah gas prices are going to hurt the resorts this year. Indirectly food and heating fuels are going to as well. Since they will suck up more disposable income that folks would normally spend on tickets, etc.

Julie (wife) and I considered CB passes this year but now were thinking buddy passes to Shawnee since its uber close to home and then spend the rest of the money on tickets to jfbb.

We had Shawnee passes last year and found it really good for those of us with little rugrats who are just learning.

I agree with you. New England is going to get hit hard. However, don't underestimate how much gas most peoples Expeditions take on a 60-70 mile drive from the city

I think gas prices will hurt the New England resorts more than the Pocono resorts. Most skiers/riders visiting Blue/Camelback/Sno/JF/BB...are only driving 1-2 hours at the most...while people skiing Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine and Northern NY are driving several hours..so I imagine that some people will skip a trip to New England in favor of skiing closer to home...just my theory...I'm all for less crowded ski slopes..

Yeah were going to be building something like 1800 sq ft. Currently looking at land

I don't know if you have or are planning on having kids, but 1800 s/f is small once the kids arrive. My family out grew this 1800 s/f house when my second daughter was born. We put a bid on a 3300 s/f house, I hope we get it.

I have two daughters 4 and 6. We decided that 3000sqft (current house) wasnt necessary, and instead we would prefer more land and less house.

I don't know if you have or are planning on having kids, but 1800 s/f is small once the kids arrive. My family out grew this 1800 s/f house when my second daughter was born. We put a bid on a 3300 s/f house, I hope we get it.

• 1 month later...

I am an owner in the Village at camelback and season pass holder for 24 yrs. Most of my fellow locals are not pleased with the GM change. I also do not like the 2hr shorter weekday skiing. I really dislike the 9am start. We also lost sunday on the limited pass. That quite a reduction 1 whole day and 2 hrs/day all season with no reduction in cost. This all looks like COST CUTTING he is known for at mtn creek. I hope he only lasts 1 yr here.