New Quad and 2 new trails?

skierdaddy

:huh: I could have sworn i saw a new billboard on the ne extension that said new quad lift and 2 new trails. Did anyone else see this or hear anything? Maybe I was seeing things of daydreaming. Nothing on the web-site etc?

Well i know that they have the quad. Its not a high speed though. They replaced one of the doubles with quad chairs.

I think the Elk billboard on the extension...north bound before the Lehigh tunnel reads "Ski PA's Best"....at least it did a few weeks ago when I saw it. New trails a Elk would be sweet. There's a lot a room there. They could even have two peaks if they expanded east...dont know who owns all of that land though.

I think the Elk billboard on the extension...north bound before the Lehigh tunnel reads "Ski PA's Best"....at least it did a few weeks ago when I saw it. New trails a Elk would be sweet. There's a lot a room there. They could even have two peaks if they expanded east...dont know who owns all of that land though.

:) Yes, that one is also new this yr, but i swear i saw one just north of the quakertown exchange yesterday morning. I was driving up to visit family and saw a green billboard that i swear said "new quad lift and 2 new trails. Maybe i was dreaming but i really don't think so, when i saw it i had to look several times and swear this is what it said. We'll see, if not, i am definetly seeing things and may need professional help, LOL!

Blue has the best billboard ever...Coldest six-pack..on the NE Extension..I think near Quakertown..Billboard and outdoor advertising is really effective for ski resorts and other attractions. I miss the one about Camelback being X-treme

I think it was a few seasons ago, Blue had a Billboard that showed the arial shot of the Mt. and I that that one was pretty cool.

:huh: I could have sworn i saw a new billboard on the ne extension that said new quad lift and 2 new trails. Did anyone else see this or hear anything? Maybe I was seeing things of daydreaming. Nothing on the web-site etc?

Better get your eyes checked or give up those funny mushrooms--I guarantee you there aren't any new trails or a new quad.

Elk has had plans to replace the two double chairs, or alternatively extend them a bit further up into the area of the radio towers at the true summit, for about 8 or 10 years now. And I believe this plan also included cutting one or more new, short trails off the summit, and connecting around to the old front summit somehow.

The last I heard, these plans were on hold. They have been wanting to expand a water holding pond for several years now, and recently got clearance to do that, forget if it was a permitting/regulatory or property ownership roadblock. But due to limited funds to invest in expansion like this, they chose to put the money into the pond expansion. So I heard.

Elk has had plans to replace the two double chairs, or alternatively extend them a bit further up into the area of the radio towers at the true summit, for about 8 or 10 years now. And I believe this plan also included cutting one or more new, short trails off the summit, and connecting around to the old front summit somehow.

The last I heard, these plans were on hold. They have been wanting to expand a water holding pond for several years now, and recently got clearance to do that, forget if it was a permitting/regulatory or property ownership roadblock. But due to limited funds to invest in expansion like this, they chose to put the money into the pond expansion. So I heard.

As of two years ago there was the rumor floating around that they were planning to go ahead with the lift reconstruction project, which the details of are really only know by upper management. However, either because of price or change of heart they went back to a very old plan of adding another water pond. The mountain and the village of four seasons (the houses at the bottom) have been fighting over the lake for many many years, as the mountain owns the deep side but the village owns the side with the natural springs. (Thus the weird looking barrier between the two sides, in fact the village once blocked off the mountains side during an argument, needless to say the mountain caved in and I believe that the village can no longer to that.)

The land across from the mountain (the tree farm) is where the pond is supposed to be, the mountain has owned that forever and actually has the pipes already built (or so im told) to build the pond. However, I heard this was going to be built two summers ago, so who knows with them. The new lifts and trails have been an idea I think before they expanding the other side in the mid 90s, the original plan was to build the other way, but land usage and ownership was a problem then and most likely will be a problem for a long time.

*This is all word of mouth and can be completely right or totally wrong