6. snoskier (Jon)

7. Angry Hugo (Mike)

8. Matt (Matt)

9. Justin

10. Nitro8604 (Matt)

11. Mbike-ski (mbike)

12. YOU!

When

Saturday (tomorrow), all day. To meet up with PASRs, meet at the base of the 6-pack at 9:00 a.m.

What

Retro Ski Day at Blue Mountain!! Dress retroly, and enjoy a full-day lift ticket for only $10!

Where

Blue Mountain. Specifically, purchase $10 tickets at the Group Sales Office, at the Summit Lodge. Parking lot pimping to occur at the bottom parking lot (or so I'm told--> anyone care to comment on this?)

Why

To celebrate Blue Mountain's anniversary, or something like that.

How

How? Good question. Um, find a retro outfit, buy alcohol, drive to Blue, meet at base of 6-pack at 9:00 a.m.

Question for Blue regulars: It appears that much drinking will occur in the base parking lot. Would it be possible to purchase the lift ticket up at the Summit Lodge, and then drive back down to the base lodge, in order to have beverages there? Please advise.

Go big or go home!!

Who

Question for Blue regulars: It appears that much drinking will occur in the base parking lot. Would it be possible to purchase the lift ticket up at the Summit Lodge, and then drive back down to the base lodge, in order to have beverages there? Please advise.

Go big or go home!!

sure, depending on where your coming from (south), the summit lodge is on the way to the base. theres also a shuttle between the 2 which could be pretty funny loaded with drunk gapers....

I apparently have done a shoddy job creating the logistics thread.

Let's just say the TOP of the 6-pack (in case the lines to the 6-pack are long). I don't want to be in someone's way who is trying to get in line.

If you can get there at 7:15, then def. meet in the bottom parking lot. That would be a stretch for me:)

Who

1. Schifdawg (Mike)

2. Melissa (Melissa)

3. GrilledSteezeSandwich(Doug)

4. Sexkitten (Leslie)

5. Boblikescats (Bob)

6. snoskier (Jon)

7. Angry Hugo (Mike)

8. Matt (Matt)

9. Justin

10. Nitro8604 (Matt)

11. Mbike-ski (mbike)

12. YOU!

13. Melissa's friend, Sarah (I think...)

Awesome.

I'll be having two wardrobe changes throughout the day, due to my ebay shipping mishap.

First up will be a marshmellowy very early 80s (I think) cream, navy, periwinkle, and raspberry ski jacket, worn with aviators and matching periwinkle headband.

Second up (when it gets warmer) will be a vintage Nike Mondrian jacket, worn with 80s Faux-Bans (or goggles, if I feel like using goggles)

I just got off the phone with Blue Mt. and they said that as long as you are dressed up when purchasing your ticket it will be $10.00 at either lodge. Our plan is to just go to the Valley Lodge and see what happens. Oh... to answer you question though Melissa, yes you can drive from the top down to the bottom if they won't do the $10.00 deal at the bottom. It that's the case then I suggest you do drive down because we definitely do some parking lot pimping. If you want to park with us... I have a black Mitsubishi Lancer with a Thule ski rack and a DARE tag. We'll probably park next to Doug tomorrow instead of our normal spot though so we can drink and stuff.

Rain? uh oh..... my neon-accented down jacket is going to weigh like 130 lbs. oof!

Good... if you're weighed down I'll be able to keep up with you.

I just got off the phone with Blue Mt. and they said that as long as you are dressed up when purchasing your ticket it will be $10.00 at either lodge. Our plan is to just go to the Valley Lodge and see what happens. Oh... to answer you question though Melissa, yes you can drive from the top down to the bottom if they won't do the $10.00 deal at the bottom. It that's the case then I suggest you do drive down because we definitely do some parking lot pimping. If you want to park with us... I have a black Mitsubishi Lancer with a Thule ski rack and a DARE tag. We'll probably park next to Doug tomorrow instead of our normal spot though so we can drink and stuff.

Good... if you're weighed down I'll be able to keep up with you.

more weight = more speed

Awesome. I've got a blue saab hatchback. I've also got a case of Miller Lite. Liquor store up here let me down with Sofia :( Oh well. Thankfully I'll have my monogrammed coozie so I can be 100% classy. I'll look out for you guys!!

more weight = more speed

meh. I just had a melanoma removed from my back Wednesday, so I'm all stitched up. I'm just going to be chillin' on the hill tomorrow. And looking fantastic. :D

I got some Strongbow English cider in 16 oz cans for tomorrow AM. It's a brilliant breakfast drink.

I'll be in my silver Mazda Protege5. You guys normally park kinda near the parking lot entrance, don't you?

Who taught you Physics

I meant that he'd get tired and ski slower but I guess only true gapers like me ski that way.

You guys normally park kinda near the parking lot entrance, don't you?

We park (or I should say Doug parks) a few rows before the main door.

Really now?

Drugs are bad.... mmmmmmkay.

It looks good on my black car.

So the plan is to meet at the top of the 6 pack at 9 am. Got it. I'll try to be there earlier than that but not sure what time exactly. I guess it just depends on what time i can get myself out of bed. How much beer/food is everyone bringing? I've got some beer here, but its not exactly a case or anything. Is there anywhere that will be open to buy it that early/on the way to Blue?

So the plan is to meet at the top of the 6 pack at 9 am. Got it. I'll try to be there earlier than that but not sure what time exactly. I guess it just depends on what time i can get myself out of bed. How much beer/food is everyone bringing? I've got some beer here, but its not exactly a case or anything. Is there anywhere that will be open to buy it that early/on the way to Blue?

I've got 24 cans of Miller Lite. I'll have 22 leftover for you (or anyone) to have.

Bring some food! Donuts? Cold pizza?

tickets have to be purchased at the summit lodge group sales window. that is the only point of sale for retro day discounts. FYI the piggys are watching the parking lots watch out for DUI'S

Where did you hear this information??

i have been to Blue hundreds of times and i have never seen police. ever.

Well, it never hurts to be prepared. Remember to store all beer out of plain view, in your trunk. Also, have a non-clear trash bag to put the empties, and throw it out before you start driving (or have in trunk). I have no idea what the law is in Pennsylvania regarding open containers, but I have a friend who got cited for "open container" for having an empty in the back seat of his car that had a couple drops of liquid in it.