Rocket ungroomed

OarSki

This means some spots will be down to the base while others powdery, and it is very likley that you will see mogus form. :)

unfortunately i wont be their this weekend ill be at montage.

Edited by zaldon

No one knows if it was left ungroomed, becasue despite their conditions page and their 1-800 number saying the mountain had 33 trails open and 12 lifts, NOTHING ABOVE MIDWAY WAS OPEN ALL DAY.

Above midway?!?!?! Are we talking about the same mountain here? I certainly know blue was fully open. Possibly meadows? If so, why was everything closed, wind? cold? laziness?

The only lifts open were the t-park lift, raceway lift, sunbowl lift, and mabye one more of the mid-mountain lifts. I stopped halfway up to the mountain b/c my friends called and said that it was packed b/c everyone was condensed to only a few lifts. The only thing I would have gone for is Rhodo, which I was told had been comandeered by a bunch of asian tourists.

The same friends (who are instructors there) who called me also got fired for hiking the mountain to get a sweet powder run in. Messed up stuff...

I think it would come down to liablity. Since at camelback (and most PA places) give you an 'area use ticket' insted of a 'lift ticket'. Anyway if you are anywhere on there property, and say break your leg...>No one goes up that trail to check since the lift isn't on....You freeze to death, etc, etc, they get sued..... You know how it goes.

Anyway I am sure as an employee you are supposed to be a 'roll modle' to the other people, and not do stuff like that.

But I'm not sure...

I think it would come down to liablity.  Since at camelback (and most PA places) give you an 'area use ticket' insted of a 'lift ticket'.  Anyway if you are anywhere on there property, and say break your leg...>No one goes up that trail to check since the lift isn't on....You freeze to death, etc, etc, they get sued.....  You know how it goes.

Anyway I am sure as an employee you are supposed to be a 'roll modle' to the other people, and not do stuff like that.

But I'm not sure...

Yahtzee, even moreso than getting lost/hurt/cold there is the risk of getting run over by a groomer or snowmobile, who is going to be going through there not watching for people.

Above midway?!?!?! Are we talking about the same mountain here? I certainly know blue was fully open. Possibly meadows? If so, why was everything closed, wind? cold? laziness?

They said everything was open, just "on hold" due to winds. Nice. I rode up with someone who paid full price because "33 trails were open". He was ripping. The forecast was very clear that the winds were going to increase throughout the day, so it's hard to see how CB could have thought they were going to get everything open.

It was windy, but the lifts in the trees were fine - it would have been a snap to get Bailey and the other slower lifts.

I don't understand their problem with the wind. It was super windy at Blue as well and they had their high speed running. I think they have less tree cover for there lifts than CB, but maybe I'm wrong. It is rediculous they couldn't get the slower full mountain lifts open.

I don't understand their problem with the wind. It was super windy at Blue as well and they had their high speed running. I think they have less tree cover for there lifts than CB, but maybe I'm wrong. It is rediculous they couldn't get the slower full mountain lifts open.

yea I never can understand why they don't run lifts. Especially over razors edge, and at the top of paradise, blue's quad is severly exposed to very high winds, but yet, it never closes. it was blowing so hard on sunday, and well, it was still running.