Blue?????

trimreaper

I understand that Blue isnt going to spend the dough to complete the new trail. rumor has it that the new owner has laid off almost the full work force and expended much of the blue's bankroll on the ski patrol tv show and promotong her little suck ass buddies from ski patrol into positions that she is creating for them. any questions? just ask me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source?

You know, at the end of the season, they usually will lay off the whole work force. I would assume they contracted people to do the tree removal and snow making installation, but I could be way off the mark.

I understand that Blue isnt going to spend the dough to complete the new trail. rumor has it that the new owner has laid off almost the full work force and expended much of the blue's bankroll on the ski patrol tv show and promotong her little suck ass buddies from ski patrol into positions that she is creating for them. any questions? just ask me.

So what's the deal with the trail? No money? Or what? If they don't complete it, I'm not buying a season pass this year! Wasn't it supposed to be done 2 years ago?! Didn't Sno replace their entire snowmaking system in like a month last year? I would think Blue could install a new trail in 3 years! What gives Blue?

:ph34r:

Edited by First Grade Teacher

that place is turning into a shithole. i hope they get bought by Peak.... or at least somebody else...

Maybe that's the plan, do a nice PR piece for Reality TV, shore up expenses, and try to dump the place. Might be a good move for everyone, especially if they get someone as ambitious as Marty at CB.

they have the whole trail graded out and it is staked out for where snow guns and/ or lights are going....if it dosent get done the new owner is just cheep

....well they must have paid someone for the new web site so they might have rain over budget for the year...... :unsure:

I don't usually read the Blue board, so sorry for being uninformed. Blue actually agreed to do the Ski Patrol show? That is being shot in season correct? I just want to make sure I have my facts straight before I say anthing.

They don't have to pay for it though. It was already filmed this past season. They are in editing currently...

2 new trails?

I only see the one trail that was supposed to open this past season...

Edited by BaconEggN'Steeze

they have the whole trail graded out and it is staked out for where snow guns and/ or lights are going....if it dosent get done the new owner is just cheep

....well they must have paid someone for the new web site so they might have rain over budget for the year...... :unsure:

Blue Mountain the Jew Mountain.

*no offense*

They don't have to pay for it though. It was already filmed this past season. They are in editing currently...

2 new trails?

I only see the one trail that was supposed to open this past season...

I always thought the ski patrol show was highly risky. Why would any ski area want a video account of the way it's patrol handled an injury? And don't even say that as long as you know your staff is good then you don't have to worry about it. At any point someone can make a mistake or a strange situation can occur and then, 'oh wow mr. attorney, they were video taping me when I was being transported by the patrol'. Risky move, can't wait to see the show.

I always thought the ski patrol show was highly risky. Why would any ski area want a video account of the way it's patrol handled an injury? And don't even say that as long as you know your staff is good then you don't have to worry about it. At any point someone can make a mistake or a strange situation can occur and then, 'oh wow mr. attorney, they were video taping me when I was being transported by the patrol'. Risky move, can't wait to see the show.

do you really think Blue looked at it that way? Doubtful. I think they are just in it for the free publicity.

Barbara Green is probably trying to save money so she can afford some new poles. Take a look at the link!

http://blog.nj.com/skiing/2008/02/marathon...the_pocono.html

:ph34r:

good swing weight on those poles. really helps you keep your rhythm through the bumps, right?

but on a serious note, at least she's out there skiing. its more than can be said for some of the other employees at the mountain.

From Blue's website...

"What’s New at Blue

New trails in the works: Work on 2 new trails is continuing with an opening scheduled for the 08-09 season. To get a peek at where these trails will be, see our new trail map."

On the website during 06-07 they posted (under what's new) that the new trail would be completed for 07-08.

On the website for 07-08 they posted that there were two new trails under construction for completion in 08-09. One of these was is the real new trail, and as we all know, the other is just the POS snowboarding school hill to skier's right of the quad.

with the source ftw:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070101174031/...n/features_html

Edited by stever2003

As far as I know the new trail is actually being split up into two trails, top and bottom. This is why it says two new trails for next year, it is not actually the old snowboarding hill, that was open this year....

ah, good call. ya someone else who worked at blue did say that the top of the new trail was going to be listed as a black diamond, and the remainder of the trail (beginning from the entrance off of Paradise) would be listed intermediate.